Reaction score
Whats the best way to remove overlapped polish from bits of trim such as the grille etc?

Cheers

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep,

Cheapest: Pencil rubber
Messiest: Peanut butter
My new fav: Olive oil, a very tiny blob on a micro fibre seems to work, leaves a nice finish and is eco friendly. :)

Reaction score
hoolio said:
My new fav: Olive oil, a very tiny blob on a micro fibre seems to work, leaves a nice finish and is eco friendly. :)

Extra virgin or normal? :wink: Plus it will make your car go faster becase air will slide over it easier!

Im liking the home remedies :)

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Yep,

Cheapest: Pencil rubber
Messiest: Peanut butter

ha ha ha ha ha. hero is a term used very loosely in todays society, but you sir, are a true hero.
Olive oil, at what point when you were routing though your kitchen cupboard did you go....' you know what, i might try this on the car,.... yer seems viscous enough to remove overlapped polish and ill bet it leaves a cilit bang shine!!' what other little gems of information, car cleaning wise, do you have locked away?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
off topic but since you ask, bit of Jif (Lemon juice) on the wiper blade does wonders. Cleans them up at treat and stops the squeaking/judder. :D

Reaction score
Gazza said:
off topic but since you ask, bit of Jif (Lemon juice) on the wiper blade does wonders. Cleans them up at treat and stops the squeaking/judder. :D

i have heard vinegar does it also. but i cant stand vinegar :x devil juice

Reaction score
I use Autoglym bumper care to clean all my plastic bits, also removes polish very well.

Did this a couple of weeks ago, with a bit of patience, does a great job on the fiddly grille.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
carry a bottle of coke with you - when you run out of washer fluid use that on the windscreen - you'll never have thought how good it works as a glass cleaner and during the winter will also keep the dirt away for a few miles.....