Passenger rattling seat

Reaction score
My passenger seat is rattling when unloaded, and its really getting on my nerves! I have checked the 'how to' on the forum but mine seems to be the problem that its loose on the sliders. I had a thought of using something to pack it out so it wouldn't rattle away when driving.

I have tried the seat in different positions but nothing cures the fault.

Any one got any ideas??

Reaction score
Is the slider mechanism working? As my seat was rattling like mad before I fixed the sliding problem!

Reaction score
Yeah sliders working fine - alot looser than the drivers side but yeah works fine!.... I mean alot looser as in if you are parked facing up hill - and let any one in the back tilt the seat forward and slide it to allow access - drivers seat will stay slid forward the passengers will not you would have to hold it forward.

Reaction score
Found some little white half ball's (look like from a bb gun) are these to do with the seat???

Reaction score
gib172 said:
Found some little white half ball's (look like from a bb gun) are these to do with the seat???

I remember seeing another post on this a while back so may be worth doing a search. The BB Gun thing reminded me so good description.

Reaction score
I believe there are ball barings in the sliders. If the ball barings have fallen out then this would make the seat a lot looser and would probably cause a lot of sideways movement too. It maybe that the sliders are finished mate.

Reaction score
wigstar1 said:
gib172 said:

I remember seeing another post on this a while back so may be worth doing a search. The BB Gun thing reminded me so good description.

I'm pretty sure wigstars right! I'm sure there's a post somewhere!

Reaction score
Cheers matey - sadly it won't be covered under warranty..... would it??

Had a look yesterday and they are from the sliders but there are still plenty in there? can you get replacements or do you have to buy the whole slider??

Reaction score
How much are new sliders??

Just an update really - Got a quote from Birchdown to see how much a new subframe would cost.......I expected alot more TBH!! £130.73!

On the hunt for a 2nd hand one to see if it fix's things.... if not I will buy 2 new ones as I am spending a small amount of money on her soon to make her looking back to its best!

Reaction score
I've a got a rattling in my drivers side one which is really annoying me now. Sounds like a ball bearing loose somewhere within the slider or subframe, not sure?? Tried for a while to find where the loose ball bearing was and ways of fixing/ bodging it but for can't for the life of me work it out.

Reaction score
When the rattling starts hold the lever that allows you to move back and fourth, that rattles on mine slightly but stops if you hold it.