Reaction score
Just got the car about 3 weeks ago, number 272 and I am a happy man. It's in great nick, drives like a dream and certainly packs a bit more punch than a 1.2 polo...

One thing I have noticed is that the paintwork in and around the renaultsport lettering on the boot lid is looking a bit grotty. No corrosion yet but I'd say its only a matter of time. Any suggestions as to how best to clean it properly?
:D

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah unless you tackle this stuff on a regular basis it can build up and become pretty tough to shift. your best bet is to spray on a strong solution of your normal shampoo leave it soak for a little and then get a detailing brush or a very soft toothbrush (child/baby) to gently clean around the letters. If this doesn't work you may need a stronger degreaser.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
also - make sure you register in the owners register under number 272, or create a post if that number isnt there yet.

Reaction score
my MK1 172 rusted from water obivously lying inside the tailgate after only a couple years.

also worth checking behind the number plate, quite ofter dealers put their own plates on a car but never seem to use the existing holes and drill 2 more, they never bother to seal the original holes and you as the new owner are un-aware there are 2 holes behind the plate taking in water every time it rains...

Reaction score
They stuck my numberplates on with spit i think, i only know that becuase my rear plate fell off one day lol. On the drive thou!