Reaction score
hi ya all i have decided to do couple bits to my T. would like to no your thoughts about what i want to order. milltek cat back with a sports cat :) group N engine and gearbox mounts, adjustable rear gaz coil over, piper cross induction kits, group N clutch re map and chip. i am having my cam belt done as well. There is a bloke who owns a racing technician company near me and he knows everything about Renault he will be doing my cam belt :) he has quoted me 1000 pound to do cambelt and put all my upgrades on. :D let us no what u think guys cheerss

Reaction score
I've just fitted the uprated mounts and dogbone poly bushes, the engine feels solid now, whereas before it moved easily with little pressure, new oem mounts could have made a difference though.
I'd stay away from gaz's for the rear, there are better alternatives out there for similiarish money.
Just one induction kit will be enough :wink:
If your having the cam belt done then get the aux belt done too, should be no more labour.

As for £1000 for the labour, i've no idea as i do most of the work myself, only when i don't have the time or equipment do i use the services of a garage.

Chris

Reaction score
Chris, What are the mounts you've fitted? I've been meaning ask if anyone has any experience with uprated mounts, i've been looking at the k-tec ones as they claim they are no different than the oem mounts when it comes to vibrations. I'm not after them as a upgrade in performance terms i'm considering them as they aren't much more than oem mounts and hopefully they'll last a little longer.

Reaction score
Gman said:
Chris, What are the mounts you've fitted? I've been meaning ask if anyone has any experience with uprated mounts, i've been looking at the k-tec ones as they claim they are no different than the oem mounts when it comes to vibrations. I'm not after them as a upgrade in performance terms i'm considering them as they aren't much more than oem mounts and hopefully they'll last a little longer.

They'll certainly last longer although i'm not sure on the vibrations, as the car is still up on axle stands waiting for the Mf springs to arrive.
The ones i fitted are the k-tec ones your talking about, easy to fit, no longer than a 25 minute job to do all 3 (inc dogbone polybushes)

with the car being entirely stripped out now i doubt i'd notice any direct difference by the mounts, seeing as the car will be noisy as hell now anyway :twisted:

Chris