Reaction score
Trophy No.
I am planning on changing my rear discs and pads and am phoning round to get prices.

Not really after anything uprated as I know there is little benefit and I like the fact the rear wheels are easier to clean.
Are the original rear pads made by Bendix or some other manutfatuer?
Anyone have a part number?

Cheers

G

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Been looking for a cheap set, Halfords do a set of pads for £11.99 for a Pug 106 Gti, Megane 2.0 and apparently these fit?

Discs / bearings / ABS rings cheapest at the mo from Renault at under £100.

Found this info on Cliosport.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Think you can get the bendix ones for £20 and would rather go for these than halfords ones.

Have contacted a guy at JMS tuning about getting discs and pads at a cheap price as he was offering £155 fitted. Will report back how I get on

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Does anyone know the make of standard pads and part number?

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this thread, but this is a similar point. I replaced my rear pads recently, so I thought I'd give you some of my observations. I run Pagid RS-42s on the front and the rears are standard. Before changing the rear pads, when they were wearing out, I noticed the car used to dive a lot under breaking. I thought this was normal, part of using strong brakes and the soft engine mounts. After the rear pads were changed I noticed the diving was significantly reduced, and as a result, the car was more balanced on corner entry and handling seemed to be slightly improved. I have always wanted to upgrade the rear brakes, despite everyone saying its not worth it. But I believe that I can feel the stronger pagids but the OEM ones feel a lot weaker. Which brings me to this link. Has anyone tried these uprated rear discs? They are cheap, but dont include the bearings, or ABS sensor. So can I buy those separately If i need to?

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/renault-clio ... disks-423/

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
on the rear i'd recommend oem disks an ds2500 pads, the rear oem pads are pants, even though they only do 20-25% of the braking... stability can be increased by a slight upgrade..

Reaction score
Gazza, I've got a set of rear OEM pads I bought back in the day when I was a T owner.
You can have them for a nominal fee, they aren't doing me any good sitting here :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just to update on this, the cheapest I could find the discs and pads, Renault original of course was from Tom at JMS tuning, see link.

http://www.jmstuning.co.uk/

He is doing an offer on cliosport for them fitted for £155 but delivered he is doing the parts for £135.

Cheapest I could get elsewhere was £162 (parts only, main dealer).