Reaction score
unsure whether to be worried or not!

it only ever seems to be when both the car is cold and when at full lock. There is a slight knocking. Only really noticed it over the last 2 days. Doesn't sound massively major, and handling is not affected. I think it has been happening since I picked the car up actually just only really started to notice it.

Is this common, or has it happened to anybody else?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
this is a common theme with most RS models, nothing to worry about... although mines doen't do it, a 172 that I owned did.

Reaction score
* jumps with joy * :D

cheers.

Thought it couldn't be anything too major or wrong because it still handles like a dream!

Reaction score
I spent the whole of the last winter freaking out about this! There are a couple of threads on this forum which try to explain what the knock is caused by, the explanation that I found most plausible was that it is the tyres skidding/jumping on the road when they are cold causing a sudden jolt/knock.

Summer time, or when my tyres are warm, I don't get any knocking at all...

Reaction score
OliS said:
I spent the whole of the last winter freaking out about this! There are a couple of threads on this forum which try to explain what the knock is caused by, the explanation that I found most plausible was that it is the tyres skidding/jumping on the road when they are cold causing a sudden jolt/knock.

that makes sense, the skidding part. Because i park next to a wall on my drive so have to do a sharp left as I pull off of my drive which goes uphill with a bit of camber, (enough of a hill for certain cars to scrape when driving down) which obviosuly unsettles the car a bit!

i'll hunt out them other threads at some point.

Reaction score
Re: kick back thru sterring on lock - I thought it was down to the extra camber dialled in , plus cold tyres, and you have a cambery road too. Cups do it too. But strangely not every one - can only assume they are all set up differently from the factory.

Reaction score
OliS said:
the explanation that I found most plausible was that it is the tyres skidding/jumping on the road when they are cold causing a sudden jolt/knock.

likewise this is what i've experienced and glad of this forum for little snippets of info like this :D