Reaction score
I know what you're all going to say!!!! lol

I bought a set of EBC yes I know EBC! drilled and grooved front discs and RedStuff pads for the T, I was going to buy brembo's but the EBC we're just so cheap off a friend that runs a car parts shop. The braking on them isn't too bad and I would say that they are better than standard regardless of what people say.

The trouble is with them is that they are making a hell of a lot of noise, when the brake pedal isn't pressed and a noticeably louder noise when it is, which is totally getting on my nerves!!

I don't want to fork out more money for new discs and pads but I would replace one or the other.

Does anyone know if it's the pads or the discs making the noise? anyone got any ideas?

Reaction score
Thanks cue, I know! just they were a bargain! I'll probably end up getting a set of brembo's and ferodo's next month! ;o) Lesson learnt!

Are the brembo and ferodo set-up noisy?

Reaction score
My ferodos are fairly noisy but i think that could be to do with the whole file shim off pad situation (which i dont really understand :oops: )

Reaction score
I took the shims out to fit my Pagids and I haven't noticed any difference in noise whatsoever, sounds like something wrong with your setup, get someone to look at it