Reaction score
Mud flaps or not????

I wana knw what my trophy would look like with mud flaps on either all round or either front or back.

And if so what it looks like

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not really a massive fan but after seeing the number of little chips on the front of my rear wheel arches i'm open to be convinced.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I wish i had got around to fitting the clear adhesive shields you can get. Hohum #-o

Reaction score
OI thats another option. Its never to late

Reaction score
If anyone goes for the clear protective helicopter tape then use the good quality 3M stuff as used by OEMs like Porsche and Aston Martin. The cheap stuff is harder to apply without bubbles and yellows over time.

Reaction score
Permagard have hooked up with MasterShield who use the 3M stuff and now do deals. I was told by Permagard London that if I booked through them they'd sort a discount of some sort. Perhaps Permagard all over the UK have done the same.

MasterShield seem to be well respected at doing this type of stuff. I'm looking into it.

Re the mudflaps. I asked on the forum if Renault made them, due to the very same reason of avoiding paintchips on the rear arches. Renault told me they never made a mud flap to fit the T, due to the skirts etc there is nowhere to attach them. IMO you'd only want them on the front anyway. Rear serve no purpose bar saving the cars behind you.

If you wanted mudflaps I think you'd have to have your own made up which might be tricky and they may never stay on.

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in buying some film I personally know the bloke who runs this site :-

http://www.premierpaintguard.com/index.html

I used to work at Aston Martin with him so can vouch that the film is the exact same specification 3M film as used on the DB9 and Vantage. He still works there and does this in his spare time buying the film legitametely from 3M, you can buy kits from him at whatever flat size you need together with applicator, liquid and full instructions. Alternatively, you can take your car to him and he will develop a template on CAD, machine cut it and apply it for you.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The paint shield stuff can look silly if only done in parts - you need to cover the whole surface otherwise dirt gathers at the edges and it looks pants over time. I've a few mates that have done this - 3m and the venturi shield stuff (i think it's called), both have warned me off the stuff.

Personally i'd hook up with a good bodyshop and just get the area resprayed every few years, it'll be around £200-£300 for the arches and front grill area to be done properly and it'll look brand new again.

Reaction score
I agree with Cue but for prevention the film is a good start .......

Would only take mine to a bodyshop after seeing their work or a recommendation from this site.

Reaction score
Having said that where would you stop with the new paint ?, it would have to be blended in perfectly or be the complete panel that is done and then there is the colour match.......

A few kits of film over the years would work out a lot cheaper as it can be replaced. Like everything else in the end it comes down to personal preference.