Reaction score
Hi folks, I'm sure this has been asked before -I searched and couldn't find anything. Just bought a 182 and am trying to fathom out what exactly it is. It's a silver 55 plate with 16 inch anracite alloys, aircon and cruise control with half leather. My question is how do I know if it's a cup or has the cup pack. Is it just a 182?
Other question is has anyone removed the AC? Is it possible and if so what needs doing?

Cheers, Calum

PS. I also have a W plate 1.4 sport that's for sale if anyones looking??

Reaction score
Won't be a cup as they only came in Inferno and Racing Blue.

From factory Anthracite alloys signify the Cup suspension pack, but anyone could have changed wheels/colour. Only way without having any original invoices etc would be to look for a part number on the dampers or springs. They also came with optional cup spoiler pack on 182's aswell

May be of use
http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/ ... fault.aspx

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like a 182 with cup packs as said above. You can remove the AC if you want to, KTEC to a kit but not sure on costs and what else is involved.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, very useful.
The car has had a wee front end bump losing the air con pump, radiator, bump, grille and headlights. That was why I asked about the AC removal. Just started on forum but thought you guys would be the best people to ask instead of wandering around the web.
I'll post some pictures soon for peoples opinion on what to do with the car - rebuild to standard/strip in out for track or but a Trophy!!!
cheers again.

The Lum.

Reaction score
keith185 said:
Won't be a cup as they only came in Inferno and Racing Blue.

Dont think thats right as you could get a Full Fat with cup packs, so could be a cup?

Reaction score
Alternator is different (smaller and cheaper), obviously no air con pump, shorter aux belt, alternator bracket thats about it !

Reaction score
Sounds like a good car, and welcome to the trophy site.

With all due respect to this specific case, I always wonder why people buy a car without knowing it's full identity. I mean, how can you gauge it's correct value, know what the spec should be, and so on. Especially on a car generally owned by enthusiasts.

Don't want to sound like a bore... Sorry.

But I hope you enjoy the car!!