Reaction score
Hi, has anyone got any pointers on what I may need to look out for since the car is now in its mid years, I've owned my 440 since Sept 2006, 44k miles, always looked after by a renault dealer, all standard apart from the footwell mats, next big thing will be the cam & aux belts to do next service, Im having a current issue wth the coolant warning light coming on randomly and the temp gauge needle spiking all over the place ( theres plenty of coolant in the car and it has just been serviced) hav now also got the exhaust gases warning light coming on too ( exhausts are very carbon coated!) so its def having a asap visit back to Renault. Suspension still feels tight although Ive always felt it could do with uprated brakes. Just really looking to know if theres anything major thats commmon on trophys heading towards 5 years old. Oh and if thers any mods that are an absolute must then useful to know too, note it's not likely to head to the track tho so no extreme mods needed !. Thanks guys

Reaction score
Coolant temperature sensor is either screwed or more likely it just has a bad connection. Very common. Careful as your fan wont come on in traffic as the car thinks its cold.

Reaction score
If you want to uprate the brakes it can be done very cheap.

Brembo HC discs £60
Ferodo DS2500 £90 or Mintex 1144s for similar money.(or Pagid Blues at £140)
Braided lines will also help but not a must.

Main thing is good fluid well bled.

Jay

Reaction score
Agree with the comments so far. Since owning mine from Jan'08, its had;

Brembo HC Discs
Ktec Braided lines
DS Performance Pads
Ktec Remap
Ktec Sports Exhaust
ITG Panel Filter
Refurbed Shocks (done last week as N/S was fubared)

Everything has made a nice difference to the car and I have no regrets

PS. Its now just shy of 50k

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for coming back to me, luckily nothing major then to look out for, just wear & tear. Im Surrey Kent borders so are there any decent places that will happily do all my mods as I'm not overly keen on givng the work to a bog standard renault dealer more used to servicing family meganes, I'd like someone that's a little more technical.
thanks

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i think mark fish is down your neck of the woods - i'd be taking it there if it's a reasonable distance.