Reaction score
Hello. New here, nice forum.

I'm very tempted to get a trophy this week. Question is, how many people have changed from higher powered bigger cars to a trophy and what are their views?

Currently have a celica gt4 but fancy a change. Was originally looking at boxsters and 350zs but i dont drive that much to warrant the cost. The trophy seems to tick all the right boxes and i've just re-read the Ecoty 2005 article :)

Jay

Reaction score
Hi

My wife's had a Trophy for 7 months which I'm now taking over and trading in my 197 so she can have the Megane 225 she's always wanted. Kinda cool really as I made her buy the Trophy becuase its always been a car I wanted.

So to put it plainly, the Trophy is as awesome car, but we all have different tastes, so whats right for one isn't right for all.

Reaction score
I've been all over the place with cars over the last few years big to small, 4WD, RWD, turbo etc.

As long as the car has good power to weight combined with good handling then its fun.

The added benifit of Small light cars is they are cheap to run.

Reaction score
Just put a deposit on #480. :D

Just a couple of questions...

The brakes felt a bit spongy, is this normal?

secondly, did anyone else nearly snap the handbrake lever off when applying it for the first time? :lol:

Reaction score
Standard brake set up in the trophy is pretty poor...its more than likely nothing wrong with the brakes themselves ...just the poor set up you experienced.....but check to see if discs are warped and pads are in sound order as well. Soon as i had the cash i upgraded to Brembo HC max discs with Rs2-4 pads. Ther car stops like i expected it to now!

Reaction score
I had a 328i before, and had the same doubts as you, but drove one yesterday and bought it!! Drove it all day and all night, no where near as comfortable as the bmw but the smile on my face is still there this morning! The 328i NEVER ever left a smile for that long!