Reaction score
Thinking about having the K-Tec Group N Engine ECU Upgrade has anyone here had it done?

Benefits?
Good/Bad?

Plus has anyone had the Short throw Quick Shift Gear Leaver fitted?

Any Good??

Thanks

Reaction score
I had my clio remapped and manifold matched at angelworks and it is best thing I ve done to car. Remap is set via RStuing or provided by them or someit!

Also have itg and exhaust.

Super pocket rocket!!

Reaction score
Clarkey said:
Thinking about having the K-Tec Group N Engine ECU Upgrade has anyone here had it done?

Benefits?
Good/Bad?

Go to Angel Works for a re-map (plus inlets while you're there). There was something dodgy about the K-Tec one I had. Or more the source of it. If I remember correctly K-tec get it from someplace in Cardiff but the original source of the program is from somewhere in the Midlands. :?

Plus has anyone had the Short throw Quick Shift Gear Leaver fitted?

Any Good??

Didn't like it at first but after 6000/8000 miles its worn in nicely. I wouldn't recommend it for shorter people as it'll become a bit of a reach for 1st,3rd,...
The changes have a very solid clunky (Koenigsegg shifter) feel to them. If a little too solid but maybe it'll get lighter with more use.
It's not as easy to use everyday as the standard lever and it is expensive but the standard one really does belong in a Vectra diesel. Also you'd probably loose the positive feel of either your reverse gear or fifth. I've lost it in fifth which doesn't bother me much since I've lost the Vectra feel in the other four.

Hope that helps. :D

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm going to stick my head above the parapet here and say that I'm not sure that many of these 'flash' remap's are really worth the money if you are expecting meaningful gains in BHP and torque. I've not yet put mine on a RR but to be honest I'll be suprised if i see a 6/7% increase on a base of about 160bhp @ the wheels.
I really think that live remap's are the way to go to get the full benefit of any mods that you are likely to have made pre map.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
I really think that live remap's are the way to go to get the full benefit of any mods that you are likely to have made pre map.

I whole heartedly agree :wink:

Reaction score
As I understand it most of the maps available are based on Renault Sports Group N remap for the 172. A custom re-map is the way to go, best to get it done when you have finished all your engine upgrades.