Day

Reaction score
Where are you mate?

Nothing in South Hampshire :(

Fcuking cold though!

Reaction score
I'm in Colchester. Had about 4cm, most of it has gone/turned to slush. Should be fun for my early shift tomorrow morning. Its now about -2 outside so might ditch the Trophy and take my ice skates in tomorrow.

Reaction score
Was snowing in London. Went to Windsor and drove back in fairly heavy snow fall. Great fun but still wondering if Renault forgot to install the traction control unit on the trophy... it slides everywhere before kicking in!! :shock: Probably a good thing though :)

O.

Reaction score
ABS was making v worrying noises, i've never had it in a car before and its different to say the least. haha.
Agree with the traction comment. Taking my mum into town,pulled away from lights and well made a prat of myself. haha. Mum didn't appreciate it either. haha

Reaction score
It was absolutely chucking it down from Folkestone to Maidstone, the visibilty was like going thru a car wash near Folkestone, after that it was fine and the main hazard was avoiding the gritters pelting my car! :eek:

Day

Reaction score
South England Update:

Had a light dusting, about 100 small flakes on the car roof when I put the rubbish out just now.

Expect travel chaos tomorrow then...

Reaction score
Bit of a dusting in Sheffield centre, bit more the further out of town you get. I'm more worried about the ice and freezing fog to follow. Touch wood, been OK so far, but I think the VVT is going to be getting a little holiday for the time being...

Reaction score
And now the ice... -9 degrees this morning when I started chipping her out. Didn't hit 5th all the way to work and waved a couple of tailgaters past. Even though it was early doors, 7 cars by the roadside (often in pairs, for obvious reasons) with dinks, dents etc.

The downside with living in the sticks is that the gritting is less than enthusiastic sometimes. The middle of the road is OK, but near the verge or median, forget it, you can skate there. Just as a Brucey bonus, you also get little stretches which the gritter has missed, often round bends. Side roads, forget it...

There are a couple of months a year when I think getting a tax exempt series II 88" Landy would be a plan.

Day

Reaction score
snow.jpg

About f*cking time too, everyone else having fun.
Looks like I'm walking to work tomorrow :(