Reaction score
Thought I'd visit the site again as I keep seeing someone's Trophy whilst on the train.....brought back memories.

It's been almost a year and a half since my Trophy got written off and I've since sold my Focus RS as I got bored of it and got a new toy :twisted:

Check out the pics, what d'ya think?

2006 Suzuki GSXR 750 K7.........0-60 in 3secs, top speed of 170mph and puts out 150bhp whilst weighing 163kg!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Attachments

• MY RS.jpg
    MY RS.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC00001.JPG
    DSC00001.JPG
    629.4 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    633.7 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC00002.JPG
    DSC00002.JPG
    494.9 KB · Views: 260
Reaction score
Very nice! I have a K6 750 in black and I wouldn't swap it for anything at the moment. Seriously addictive adrenalin rush! Great fun to be had with porsche's and the like :D

Have you been on track yet? That's where it belongs.

Reaction score
Luke335 said:
Very nice! I have a K6 750 in black and I wouldn't swap it for anything at the moment. Seriously addictive adrenalin rush! Great fun to be had with porsche's and the like :D

Have you been on track yet? That's where it belongs.

I only passed my test at the start of January so I'm still learning the basics!
I have plans to do all 4 levels of the California Superbike School starting with level 1 at Rockingham in July hopefully, and also do the Bikesafe and IAM Advanced course at some point this year, so I have a busy schedule ahead of me.

Only when I've done all that then I'll get a K6 1000, possibly a Rizla rep or a Phantom 8)

Reaction score
I would last about 20mins on that, bet its fantastic, I dont think I could think of a better adrenalin rush...

Reaction score
Don't like the fairing decal or tank protection, but awesome machines :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan. I'm planning on going to a superbike school soon too. Having been on track a couple of times I've found it great for improving my cornering and braking ability. It gave me loads of confidence.

Reaction score
Luke335 said:
Sounds like a good plan. I'm planning on going to a superbike school soon too. Having been on track a couple of times I've found it great for improving my
cornering and braking ability. It gave me loads of confidence.

The thing is.......I'm not sure which way round I should do it.

I was thinking I should do level 1 first in a controlled environment where the instructors are making sure I'm applying the basic fundamentals which hopefully, in theory, should make my first full trackday away from the school a lot more enjoyable. At the same time, I'll know which areas I should improve on.

Alternatively, do a trackday at Brands Hatch's GP circuit first (only coz it's only half an hour away) where I can go at my own pace, getting a general feel for fast cornering and redlining where this could help me when I start level 1 as track riding will not be completely alien to me.

Any ideas?

By the way, I thought I'd sneak in some updated pics :D

Attachments

• DSC00003 (2).JPG
    DSC00003 (2).JPG
    842.9 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC00007 (1).JPG
    DSC00007 (1).JPG
    849.9 KB · Views: 161
  • front.JPG
    front.JPG
    424.7 KB · Views: 162
Reaction score
Looking forward to the iminent arrival of my 2 wheeled summer toy :D Not a gixxer tho.

rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
My 2 wheeled toy will be arriving soon too. It's a mint RVF 400R. Awesome little pocket rockets.

Reaction score
rojer386 said:
My 2 wheeled toy will be arriving soon too. It's a mint RVF 400R. Awesome little pocket rockets.

NICE 8)

Fingers crossed my first big bike will sorted within the next 4 weeks too

Reaction score
Marky,
It's difficult to say which order is best really. I think if you can afford to do all the California Superbike school levels, then you could probably stretch to sqeezing in a day at Brands indy first. I would.
Some of the trackdays have instructors which you can book for free. They will ride with you for a session and show you the lines. This is great for your confidence and gauging a good corner speed. When you go for your training the whole experience will be less alien to you and you can concentrate on the details.

Bike looks great by the way! :D

Reaction score
Luke335 said:
Marky,
It's difficult to say which order is best really. I think if you can afford to do all the California Superbike school levels, then you could probably stretch to sqeezing in a day at Brands indy first. I would.
Some of the trackdays have instructors which you can book for free. They will ride with you for a session and show you the lines. This is great for your confidence and gauging a good corner speed. When you go for your training the whole experience will be less alien to you and you can concentrate on the details.

Bike looks great by the way! :D

The only problem with the Indy circuit is that you only get 2 left handers and the rest are right handers which I thought wouldn't be great for balanced development?

Reaction score
Lukes right,

when you go on a track day an instructor will lead you around for your first 2/3 laps then they are around all day to offer any tips or advice should you need it.

Get on track and give it some you will be amazed at how far you can push a modern bike.

The one thing I find at TD's are people, who are afraid to use the front brake and they normally get to the end of a straight don't think they can slow enough then just run straight on.

So get to know the limits of your brakes and you'll be sorted.

The superbike schools are supposed to be really good but think I would rather spend the £1400-1600 pounds it would cost to levels1 to 4 on a years worth of track days at various UK circuits.

BSP_3089.jpg

If only the weather would improve :(

Reaction score
Is that a Speed Triple?

Impressive stuff with you knee down & the bike that far over 8) 8) 8)

Reaction score
marky-p said:
theo said:
Looking forward to the iminent arrival of my 2 wheeled summer toy :D Not a gixxer tho.

What is it?

Getting an R6. Going to look at one tomorrow if all goes to plan. lol.

How do you find the scorpion can by the way. looks quite neat.