inlets matched

Reaction score
has anybody had their inlets matched? i was on the jamsport website earlier and they say typical gains that have been seen are 8-13bhp? for £265 fitted it doesnt seem that bad?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Had matched inlets on my old 172 and did make a noticeable difference, this was however a 'non-RS stamped' lower inlet. I am led to believe the standard inlets on the 182 are better designed hence lower gains to be had.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep the above is true. That price seems pretty expensive to me though I can't remember how much I paid. I would only really get it done as part of a sequence of modifications.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
8-13 bhp is a little optimistic, i'd say less than 5bhp to be fair on a 182. The 172's made more as they weren't as well engineered.

Reaction score
Yep had my inlets matched but dont expect to notice any diffrence i'd also say you would expect at least of 3-5bhp.

Had mine done at K-tec racing for £70 but i know half the guys there so had it done on the cheap :D

Reaction score
No way you'll get that much I'm afraid speak to JMS tuning as there prices are very competitive.

They've just refurbished my car and its as new.

I'll put up some pics as soon as I get a chance.

:)

Reaction score
My old 172 made 11bhp. I have matched inlets on the trophy now and it seemed to pull better but I wouldn't say it made a huge difference not like my old 172!

Reaction score
im back from JMS and what a difference.

saw the old inlets and compared the new, the ste is pretty bad i have to say, no where near as bad as the 172's but its still not good. with a map, its made the car pull beautifully.

Reaction score
Trophy264 said:
im back from JMS and what a difference.

saw the old inlets and compared the new, the ste is pretty bad i have to say, no where near as bad as the 172's but its still not good. with a map, its made the car pull beautifully.

Don't underestimate the difference a remap can make on a stock engine. :wink: