Reaction score
I've been using a cone induction kit on my Trophy and the heat soak is getting noticeable with the hot weather. I had the bonnet up the other morning and the cone was red hot. I was planning on putting the old airbox back on together with a new panel filter. Should I do this, will it make a difference or should I just get a Viper or ITG?

Day

Reaction score
Standard airbox with ITG filter will give you better results then your open one!

Reaction score
any boon knows closed air boxes are better.......the noise you get from a cone is decieveing and actually uses more fuel,,,without more power, if any thing loosing power.....put your old on back on and go for a k&n panel........

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll put the old box back on. I can be a boon then! Whatever a boon is. :D

What do people think of the Viper or ITG?

Reaction score
dont actaully know what a boon is......just remember it was a class tv program......just memeber to extend the induction tract that goes and stops just behind the pas head light, al the way to the ground

Day

Reaction score
Of course a closed induction with a better cold airfeed i.e ITG maxogen/Pipercross Viper may give better results than just the standard filter but you will have to loose part of your grill or fog light.

Reaction score
An update for everyone. I've had the standard airbox plus a pipercross filter put back on and to be honest I can't really say if there's much difference in the performance. To be honest I miss the noise the induction kit made so on balance perhaps I should have kept the kit on. I think my inner chav is speaking to me. I suppose the ideal solution would be an ITG maxogen? Watch this space.