how to adjust wiper intermittent interval

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how I can adjust the interval between wipes when the wipers are on their intermittent setting? At the moment they wipe about every 3 seconds.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ah! I'm guessing that your T has not had the variable wiper stalk fitted. The cars originally came with the poverty spec intermittent/continuous/fast wiper stalk. As you have discovered this is really annoying as on it's intermittent setting it's always either too fast or too slow for whatever wet stuff is falling so most have now been upgraded to variable stalk available on almost all other clio's. It's an easy fit you just need to source one, normally under a tenner second hand. Sir Dave is breaking cars at the moment.

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Mine is #23 so an early version so it will have the cheapo stalk. I just thought it was me being thick (usual explanation in this sort of situation). I'll have to see if I can lay hands on a secondhand stalk with the adjustment on it. Sometimes, car manufacturers' penny-pinching is just so bloody irritating. It's the same with the disintegrating thumb grips and melting "leather" on the steering wheel and the painted gearchange indicator on the gearknob that rubs off! Bloody hell - bits like that make my old TVR feel like it was well-built.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
They tend to pop up on here now and then. Or keep an eye out on eBay or breakers. Can't remember where I got mine from but don't recall them being expensive from new.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
ian, if you need any help with this, let me know - i'm halifax based also, so can help with the change over- it's an easy fix.

Do an ebay search for dynamique wiper stalk, they were the base model in the clio range that had the intermittent stalk fitted. shouldn't cost more than £20 or so.

Reaction score
Many thanks for the offer. I'm a bit distracted at the moment refurbishing my 1994 Pug S1 Rallye but I'll see if I can find a Dynamique stalk and fit it. If I get stuck, I'll give you a shout.

About a fortnight ago at about 9.45am I followed a Trophy down from Queensbury to Shelf roundabout. It wasn't Jenic. Was it you? I can't remember the reg no.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
possibly, I commute between halifax and righouse through hipperholme and occasionally get up to bradford, couldn't tell you if it was or not though...