Reaction score
Discovered tonight my side light on the passsenger side is out, even with the headlight turned on the side light doesnt come on, neither does the one next to it, just the headlight comes on, checked the bulb that is clipped in and it looks fine but i couldnt get the other bulb out.
Also with the engine stopped but the ignition turned on there is a quite loud buzzing noise coming from below the inlet manifold, (where the spark plugs are).

so what i want to know is:-
1. If one of the bulbs goes out should the other still work?
2. What could the buzzing noise be?
3. How do you remove the bulb that isnt held in by the clip?

Going to have a good look tomorrow in the daylight...

Cheers Scott

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
1. could be fuse or wiring related, no, if one bulb goes then the other should still work unless there's an issue with power supply to the bulbs.

2. fan? aircon fan? was the engine warm or cold? could be wiring related - short fuse, check the earth. list is endless really.

3. with difficulty. with 30 mins practice and one successful change you'll think you've cracked the technique but then forget it for the next time you need to change it. I found by facing the rear of the car and bending my hand backwards into the headlight it gave me a better route to the bulb to allow a firmer grip.

Reaction score
Cue said:
1. could be fuse or wiring related, no, if one bulb goes then the other should still work unless there's an issue with power supply to the bulbs.

2. fan? aircon fan? was the engine warm or cold? could be wiring related - short fuse, check the earth. list is endless really.

3. with difficulty. with 30 mins practice and one successful change you'll think you've cracked the technique but then forget it for the next time you need to change it. I found by facing the rear of the car and bending my hand backwards into the headlight it gave me a better route to the bulb to allow a firmer grip.

Just as i thought for 1 & 3 but 2, the buzzing is not the fan, the car was warm but not enough to make the fan come on, i put me ear next to everything and it was much louder right above the RENAULT Sport sign on the inlet manifold, i.e. right where the plugs are, thing is though the engine wasnt running so the plugs wouldnt have been firing, also when the car is started it runs as it should, no problems at all. It sounds just like a buzzer, like as if someone was pressing a 'Buzzer' on a TV program, just BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, with ignition on, untill i start the engine then its gone???

Reaction score
Trophy No.
1. hopefully you'll be lucky and find one has gone in sympathy with the other if not it may be a short.

2. I'm certain i have that same buzz before turning over and have never thought anything of it, it being something that the car does.

3. Like Cue said, i've done all these and by the end was wondering why i had made such a song and dance about it but i'm buggered if i can remember how i did it. #-o

Reaction score
I know there is a buzz in the car before turning it over, fuel pump, but this is a constant buzz under the bonnet and ive never noticed it before.
If anyone is bored could you go and turn your ignition on but dont start the car, pop you bonnet and listen near the spark plug area for a buzzing noise?

Cheers Scott