Reaction score
Anybody running them and whats the verdict over the Exalto's? I read somewhere the exalto's are being stopped and replaced by something else so was thinking RS2's may do the trick

How do they perform in wet/dry conditions, cold/hot days etc. I've heard they're similar to a track day tyre for the road but dont fancy planting the trophy into a hedge if the weather suddenly changes

is1

Reaction score
I know they are not necessarily reviews from Trophy owners but there are 7 reviews on the following site:
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Hanko ... 2-Z212.htm

I get the impression that they are not really a "PE2 substitute" in the sense that they are not really an all-weather tyre and may be very poor in the wet.
You do know there is a Pilot Sport 3 replacing the Pilot Sport and Exalto range? £95 from Camskill.

Reaction score
Hankook RS2's are very track focussed and have stiff sidewalls and don't resist aquaplaining very well IMHO.

If your looking for a general road tyre I would avoid these and go for perhaps the Michelin PS3's as they are a good road tyre and compare well to the PE2.

Reaction score
I ran em on my trophy!

Basically better in the dry and worse in the wet!

Reaction score
g40steve said:
PB.283 said:
I ran em on my trophy!

Basically better in the dry and worse in the wet!

Runs rings round PE2's in the dry & if you like trackdays one of the best £ per grip tyres available.

In truth, I cannot fully endorse this. I have run them for a year now, including 12 laps of the Ring, and I think they are a decent tyre. I would not say that it's track focused at all, it works fine in all weathers, including this morning crossing the Mendips with temps of 0 degrees. They are a smidgeon noisier than PE2, have good dry grip, not bad wet grip.

However, they go off when pushed beyond a certain temperature, about 4/5ths of the way around the ring for example, and they lose grip alarmingly. So I won't be buying them again.