Reaction score
Have to say i was mightily impressed with the above article in this months Evo magazine and pleasantly surprised by the outcome. I owned an E30 M3 a number of years back and it was an amazing piece of kit - i've always been tempted to buy another one but was put off by the fact that my good memories might be spoiled by driving one now if it felt slow and dated compared to the more modern cars. Just goes to show how wrong i was! Nothing to be worried about it seems, very impressed with the other M cars it beat to come out on top.

I thought the tyre test article was good also but couldnt help thinking that the result came down to one mans opinion on the tyres - surely some people are going to prefer different things when it comes to how a tyre is judged?

I also liked the article about the lost art of overtaking - a topic we have discussed a fair bit on here - seems like we are all in agreement :)

G

The M3 CSL is the one for me. It's awesome. Having said that, I haven't driven the E92 yet...

Reaction score
Only half way through the article (although I had seen which car won before reading the main article!) but it's already got me lying awake at night doing the figures, working out if a good clean E30 M3 can still be found, and if so is it realistic daily transport...Evo can nurture some expensive habits! :lol:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'm amazed at the slating the e36 always gets. I much preferred my e36 evo to the e46 m3. The e46 just felt heavy and not any quicker.

Reaction score
Yep it always takes a bit of stick as you say. I think the e36 Evo actually has a better power to weight ratio than the e46.

Reaction score
Very enjoyable article 8)

Still think the E30 M3 is the best looking M car yet :twisted:

Reaction score
E30 for me, M3 wise. What an engine.

e30_m3.jpg

My overall favourite, as in the one I would sell my Teg for tomorrow is the E39 M5. Easily tune that engine to more than the new M3's 414bhp with loads more torque and despite the lack of carbon fibre roof and more space the car's not much heavier either!

I trust you've all seen this?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=q1dYv_gKTA8