Reaction score
Got a couple of issues regarding the handling on my Trophy, i need to have a poke about on the ramp just haven't had a chance yet. Basically the steering feels a little sticky just either side of straight ahead, also seems to have very little self centering action, as in if you're on full lock, unless you wind the lock off yourself it will stay on full lock. Seems to hunt out the crown/cambers on the road too. Can be a bit wayward on a country road and just feels wrong. From what i can see the dampers are fine, no leaks etc and the car is plenty stiff enough imo I dont really get and knocking/clunking that i've noticed. I'm thinking it could just be the bushes and/or topmounts, probably wouldn't hurt to get it all aligned as well, but anyone got any more specific thoughts or does it sound familiar?
Russ

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine used to be fairly hard work before I had the alignment and camber sorted but yes worthwhile getting that looked into.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Alignment would be the first thing I would have checked. The do follow cambers on the road, its not often you can let go of the wheel and expect to go straight, unless the road is very smooth.
If you would like to come down and drive mine to compare you are more than welcome.

Ben

Reaction score
Thanks guys, gonna get it on the ramp in the first instance and see what i can see, will do the alignement at the same time. I have some new solid top mounts and some new bottom arms i bought for my phase 1 that i can try anyway, see where i get.
Russ

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I had a similar thing with mine, checked the tyre pressures at the weekend and they were slightly down on the front. Put a bit more air in them and it seems to have sorted it out. I did have the tracking checked a while back, as said, it would be worth getting this checked out.