Reaction score
The front of my T has quite a lot of stone chips. I read over on cliosport.net that red is the worst for stone chips as the paint is softer, any truth in this?

Anyway, it seems to be true for mine so I've had a quote for a front end respray.

The quote is to remove and refit the front bumper, bonnet and both wings including trims and fixings.
Prepare and paint the bonnet and bumper, blend the 2 wings and then machine polish the painted panels
They said it would take around 12 hours of labour.
Price inc VAT is £650

Is this a good price?
I know you get what you pay for when it comes to paintwork but I have nothing to compare the price to.

Reaction score
Sounds about right. You could get it cheaper, or you could pay more. As you say, 'you get what you pay for'. Just make sure you are happy with the job when it's done.

I've never quite liked the idea of resprays as the car looses some originality, if you know what I mean. However my Dad has just had his 26 year old XR3i resprayed and it looks amazing now. I think with all cars that are kept for many years, eventually they need paint work done. I suspect the Trophy will be particularly susceptible to paint fade in parts (although hopefully not like old red Golfs!) and will inevitably need paint work, and look better for it too.

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking the same about the originality. If it was just a few I would have them touched up but the bumper and bonnet are peppered. A previous owner must've done a lot of motorway miles.
It really detracts from an otherwise perfect car

Reaction score
Unfortunate side effect of hard renault paint. They will all do it and a respray is a shame but I think a nessary part of ownership. A coupe friends of mine have TVR's and get the front end resprayed every couple of years due to stone chips. Get some reccomendations for paint shops and dont scrimp, you will regret it.

Reaction score
Mines had a front end respray before my ownership, had only done 30k miles but theres a big dent in the lower rad think its had a bump once aponatime !