Reaction score
Noticed rust ring round edge of disc, inside edge when changing wheels.
Don't want to severe set up, or anything thats going to destroy alloys :D
Been suggested to change pads & disc will clean up :?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i've noticed mine doing the same, nothing to worry about really. The back one's on mine are worse than the fronts, they look as though they're braking up, excuse the punn lol

Reaction score
I have decided to break the mould and go for an alternative Pagid pad - the RS15, which has a much higher coefficient of friction from cold to hot than the RS4-2 and is neither as aggressive or ;'dirty' as the PF97.

They recommend that I clean up the dics with emery so as to remove any deposits from the old pads (not that standard pads should create much problem) - much of the rust on the outer edge should 'chip' off.

A company whose website is called racepads are supplying - you can down load the Pagid brochure which is very informative.

Reaction score
Cue said:
i've noticed mine doing the same, nothing to worry about really. The back one's on mine are worse than the fronts, they look as though they're braking up, excuse the punn lol

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Breaking up!

Breaks - for kit-kats and tea.

Brakes - for vehicle retardation.

The first reason I had to stop visiting ClioSport was the frequency of posts with 'Wot breaks shall I get for my Valver?"

Steve - get HC discs, Ferodo DS2500's. No aggressive break dust, excellent stopping power, cheaper than Pagid's, don't bother with the rears. As I said earlier on RS.

Reaction score
Steve said:
Cue said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Breaking up!

Breaks - for kit-kats and tea.

Brakes - for vehicle retardation.

The first reason I had to stop visiting ClioSport was the frequency of posts with 'Wot breaks shall I get for my Valver?"

Steve - get HC discs, Ferodo DS2500's. No aggressive break dust, excellent stopping power, cheaper than Pagid's, don't bother with the rears. As I said earlier on RS.

Tell me that was intentional Steve ;)

Reaction score
Cue said:
i didn't spot his post, bugger..... he'll say it was regardless. :^o

Lol! Do you want me to edit my post and you can take credit Cue? ;)

Back on topic....

Possible group buy on discs and pads anyone? :?:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cool Hand Luke said:
Cue said:
i didn't spot his post, bugger..... he'll say it was regardless. :^o

Lol! Do you want me to edit my post and you can take credit Cue? ;)

Back on topic....

Possible group buy on discs and pads anyone? :?:

Up for this possibly more than the zorst at the moment.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i can get brembo max disk's for £90 ish, Oilman will do dot 5.1 fluid for around £10, pads I'm looking into...Pagid's are pricey but possibly worth it, not sure.

So could be sub £150 for a good set-up - no need to change the lines, i'm with Steve with that.

Reaction score
Cue said:
i can get brembo max disk's for £90 ish, Oilman will do dot 5.1 fluid for around £10, pads I'm looking into...Pagid's are pricey but possibly worth it, not sure.

So could be sub £150 for a good set-up - no need to change the lines, i'm with Steve with that.

So thats a de cat & braided hoses i don't need, that i already have to go on car, f##k.

Note to self stop buying car stuff (swear)

amm

Reaction score
g40steve said:
Cue said:

So thats a de cat & braided hoses i don't need, that i already have to go on car, f##k.

Note to self stop buying car stuff (swear)

braided hoses are one of the best upgrades that you can do to your brakes they make the pedal feel so much beter than standard

Reaction score
I may be up for a group buy on brakes.. Quite fancy the same setup as Steve:
Brembo HC's, braided hoses and Ferodo DS2500's..

Reaction score
Did I read somewhere that the standard hoses are braided internally?

If so is there really any need to replace? Or are the aftermarket ones (goodridge etc) of a better quality?

I quite fancy some stopping power up front but my discs and pads are still in quite good nick really. Think I might have to wait till theyre worn before replacing.

Reaction score
Of course it was intentional, my unsubtle irony is lost on you barbarians. I've never unintentionally misspelled brakes in my life.

I didn't say the braided hoses were any worse but I can't vouch for them having any more feel because that could be down to the fluid change, new discs and pads etc. but the pedal feel is much better than before and it's somewhat of a forum cliche now, but they are much more progressive at the business end of pedal travel, you can feel the tyres on the limit of grip and brake very effectively without activating the ABS.

If Donkey hadn't told me they were a waste of time/money I would be singing their praises no doubt. Psychosomatic effects are much greater than we give credit for.

Right, time for a coffee brake.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
all braided hoses do is keep the pressure regulated in the brake lines - hence improve power and pedal feel. The OEM ones are internally braided but they are not to the same standard of say goodridge or moquip lines.

Having said that it's the same argument as changing calipers etc, the OEM stuff is ok and good enough for the job. Upgrading will be an improvement but possibly not needed if you see what i mean.

The only problem i have is I don't know of any one that has just changed lines, usually they upgrade fluid or disks or pads or all of the above at the same time so getting a true objective opinion is very difficult.

Reaction score
Exactly, Yozz will tell you they're a vast improvement 'til the cows come home.

Donkey, who has a fair bit of experience with brakes on track says they're unecessary.

The difference between them is Yozz is selling them and Donkey isn't. :lol:

Reaction score
Cue said:
The only problem i have is I don't know of any one that has just changed lines, usually they upgrade fluid or disks or pads or all of the above at the same time so getting a true objective opinion is very difficult.

I've changed just the lines and fluid. Made a nice difference. Going to use up the standard discs and pads a bit more before I go for an upgrade. They're still like new. :x but so are my original tyres. :)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
asim said:
Cue said:

I've changed just the lines and fluid. Made a nice difference. Going to use up the standard discs and pads a bit more before I go for an upgrade. They're still like new. :x but so are my original tyres. :)

That's the point, the fluid change will have also had an effect - plus most clio's are under filled with fluid so just topping the fluid up will have a beneficial effect.