Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The time has come to move ClioTrophy to a new platform. There have long been plans to migrate from the current phpBB software to the vBulletin platform that many of you will have used on other forums. As many of you will have seen of late, ClioTrophy has had some issues with spam, and although steps have now been taken to reduce this, I feel the forum is being held back by the capabilities of the underlying forum software.

I've long been opposed to charging for use of the forum, or the heavy use of paid adverts, but unfortunately this means shop sales are the sites only income stream. Shop sales rarely cover the hosting costs, and certainly don't put money aside for upgrades and other expenses such as the ability to advance purchase stock of merchandise for the shop.

With the above in mind, I'd like to bring ClioTrophy.co.uk into the present, with a long needed refresh. Unfortunately this means moving from a free software platform to a commercial one, so I am reluctantly but realistically coming to you all for any help in funding this you may be able to give.

I have therefore started a donation appeal with a target of the exact cost of the vBulletin licence to allow me to start work on the upgrade. Some steps are already underway so once the target is met, the upgrade should proceed relatively quickly.

After the upgrade I intend to secure the future of the site by providing income from an optional enhanced membership at a low cost. There will be a number of member only perks to justify the small fee, however I do intend to keep the majority of the site open to all as it is now.

All donors to this appeal will be given 1 years free enhanced membership once memberships become active. Please remember to include your username in the paypal form.

To give you some incentive, once the target has been met I will also draw three donors at random to recieve the following gifts:

1st 'Prize' : £10 Halfords Gift Voucher
2nd 'Prize' : ClioTrophy Engraved Aluminium Tax Disc Holder with your cars number engraved (not yet available in the shop!)
3rd 'Prize' : Free Sticker of your choice from the ClioTrophy.co.uk Shop

If you would like to donate and help us reach our target, please click the button below:

[paypal:3awviidi][/paypal:3awviidi]

There is no minimum amount, any donation is greatly appreciated. Dont forget to supply your forum username in the section provided so that you can be contacted and granted your free membership next year.

A chart of our progress will be updated at the top of the page. (There is a delay, so don't worry, your donation hasn't been lost!)

Thanks very much for your support!

Nik :)

(trophysmall)

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Nik i have sent you a Pm as i will throw a wad of cash (£40+) to help with the site.

Reaction score
I've just chucked a fiver in, hopefully that'll get the ball rolling at least.

Also dont mind becoming a mod if required - am on here literally all day.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thank you guys, much appreciated! :-D

Reaction score
Donated £100 via Credit Card option but couldn't see an option to add my username...

Actually it was just £10 but wanted to make sure I didn't get missed :wink:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Stuck a tenner in this morning, forgot to add username as well. I PM'd you to let you know my email for paypal reference.

Funny how I've held off paying for a membership to cliosport, but I've payed up as soon as I could for this site :?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thank you so much guys, almost half way already, I'm amazed. It's hugely appreciated. O:)

Reaction score
I've done my bit. Been on here pretty much since day 1 for free so seems rude not to. Anything else i can to help let me know.