Reaction score
Ooooh the time is rapidly approaching that i'm going to need to take the car in and have a service done.

Are you guys planning to take the car to Renault or another garage to have the service done.

I've heard that having the service done outside Renault will no longer invalidate the warranty. And BBtunning are just down the road from me so i can save about £100 by taking it there.

Renault have quoted me £250 for the first service and BBtunning can do it for £137.

Reaction score
ducks butt said:
Ooooh the time is rapidly approaching that i'm going to need to take the car in and have a service done.

Are you guys planning to take the car to Renault or another garage to have the service done.

I've heard that having the service done outside Renault will no longer invalidate the warranty. And BBtunning are just down the road from me so i can save about £100 by taking it there.

Renault have quoted me £250 for the first service and BBtunning can do it for £137.

Correct you don't have to go to Renault. A European directive (blimey some of them are useful!) made them all change what they could insist upon. Something about it being anti-competitive. £250 is very pricey aswell, BB route looks to be way forward me thinks.

Reaction score
This was Lookers Renault probably the most expenive dealership in the world ever. There was a chap on here who did services but i've lost the link to his site. He was pretty cheap too, but up north i think.
Depends where you are. BB Tunning are 10 mins down the road literally i never knew. ha.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine's off to Rentech on Saturday for it's 12k service :D

Reaction score
Rentech that was the one. I've just looked at their website (once it eventually loaded ha). Bit too far away for me. BB Tunning is 10 miles away, Rentech is about 100. Let me know the price for the first service though, are you takin gyour own oil from the oilman?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Service is expected to be around £135. Mike will be putting in Elf Excellium 5w-40 fully synthetic as always on RS models.