Reaction score
Hi all,

Considering a new exhaust system for the Trophy. I want a manifold back with sports cat system - but main concern being how loud it is. I wan't it to be as quite as possible. Can anyone recommend systems they have/heard and point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Hon

Reaction score
janspeed would fit your requirements perfectly, they do a sports cat, and a full stainless system thats really subtle and not boomy on the motorway. a few guys aswell as me on here got them i think

Reaction score
The the money commercial companies charge such as janspeed etc you could get a custom job done.

Thats what I did for 550, also guy was able to customise sound so not to loud. Mine is a dead simple design with one back box wihich weighs nothing!! Well nearly!

Reaction score
Janspeed definitely ticks all your boxes - the noise is pretty quiet until you open her up

Milltek is a very high quality system but quite a bit louder than the Janspeed, so maybe not the best for you

Reaction score
Would it be worth it to put the old standard CAT back on with the new Janspeed system? Would there be too much welding involved?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
depends, if you've got the money i'd switch to a 200 cell cat aka sports cat, or a decat but decats can invalidate your insurance and cause problems when MOT time comes around.

you'll be ok to stick with the oem one though.

Reaction score
I have just got a new orbisoud soft and viper induction kit.
I have 3 videos of the original setup (exhaust, under bonnet and inside car) and will and try and recreate the same videos with the new kit.
Initial feeling on the motorway is that the noise is quite boomy when on an off the throttle in traffic, but once you get to about 85 or 90 it suddenly goes quite quiet.
In town the noise is fantastic, brings a whole new experience when heel and toeing.

Can anybody let me know how to upload videos to this site.

Reaction score
Well theres a 200 Cell CAT on there already - but I want to sell that with the exhaust because I think that, that is the part that is fairly noisey.

How much would just the Orbi cat back be worth?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I assume you are changing down from the Orbisoud :shock: If that is the case the Cat is part of the middle section, ie from the exhaust manifold to the backbox, so unless you are contemplating selling the backbox only the cat will go as part of the system.

Reaction score
Yeah im downgrading from a Orbi (puts flame suit on) because it's a wee bit loud for my liking. I've had it on since I've bought it about 6 months ago and now that I've decided to keep it longer instead of selling, I'm going to make it a bit more 'long distance driver friendly'.

So assuming I take the Orbi off, I need a Cat and back box? I'm thinking the original Cat which came with the Trophy and the Janspeed Cat back? Hopefully that would be nice and quiet.

Do you think I would notice a lot/some powerloss? Feels very "pokey" now and pulls very hard at the top of the rev range - would that go with the Orbi?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
loosing the sports cat will make the most difference as it's their freeflowing nature which allows the gasses to escape quicker.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
If you're downgrading because you do a lot of motorway miles i can pretty much understand :)
Yes you will need to fit a full system if you want to realise a realistic price for the Orb (sure there will be a few on here who will take it off your hands)
Gains from exhaust only are massively exaggerated even for the Orb, in reality probably a couple of BHP, so no you shouldn't notice any difference. Though clearly without the soundtrack it won't be going as fast :lol:

Reaction score
hon_bris said:
I'm thinking the original Cat which came with the Trophy and the Janspeed Cat back? Hopefully that would be nice and quiet.

Do you think I would notice a lot/some powerloss? Feels very "pokey" now and pulls very hard at the top of the rev range - would that go with the Orbi?

If you get the old style Janspeed system and fit it with the original cat, that will be nice and quiet for you. I cant comment on the new style Janspeed as I havnt seen one in the flesh yet.

With the standard cat on I seemed to have a slight flat spot between 4-5k revs, soon as I ditched the cat, the flat spot seemed to smooth out a bit