Different style of cherished plate for the T........

Reaction score
Trophy No.
............kind gesture from family and can now afford to buy myself a private plate for the T. Wondering if anyone else has any ideas for a plate other than the usual T.....PHY. Ideas so far............

T11PHY
S4CHS
B3NDS
C110 TR

Most of the good ones are gone so ideas welcome!

Reaction score
I quite like C110 TR but you run the risk of points and fines spacing like that and C11 OTR looks nowhere near as good.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Have new brakes and pads all round with braided line and super fluid, decent PE2's and £200/month in fuel, is that enough?!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
dont take this the wrong way but I think most people opinions of personal plates. They first think cool plate or what the hell is that suposed to say then the second thought is. Wow that guy must be a tosser.

Basically all the good ones cost loads of money...

I would spend the money on doing something you will remember like a holiday or road trip, festival etc etc

Reaction score
is S4CHS still available...?
not a big fan of the "make your own plate" thing, i think they have led to a flood of nasty, dodgy and down right illigal plates...IMO
as some know do have a private plate that i love and is very special to me... i think its worth spending a bit more and maybe getting a 3 x 3 plate or a older suffix plate that you could pass from car to car because lets face it if you get a "trophy" plate you will no doubt end up selling it with the car eventually, why not get something you could keep a long time?
Im just waiting for that call from George Lucas....

Attachments

• IMG_3421.JPG
    IMG_3421.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 11
  • thx.jpg
    thx.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 15
Reaction score
I agree with son of solo. I've just got myself a private plate and its personal to me so no matter what car I'm driving friends will recognise it. The t phy plates do look very cool however, each to their own I guess.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Points noted but both my old 172 and this one had cherished plates on before
i bought them and they were removed. They seem to transform the car IMO.

Not too keen on getting a plate that is personal, I'd rather get something to show off my glorious T!

is1

Reaction score
I know this issue is purely personal taste/opinion and that is fair enough. So here's mine:

"Personal plates" are only any good if they are:
1. Personal (i.e. can be moved from car to car); OR
2. If car-specific, are actually any good (e.g. with the Trophy, I am thinking along the lines of T120 PHY, T20 PHY, S4 CHS); OR
3. If just to hide the car's age or to look different, then the above are less important but why this would be relevant for a Trophy I can't think (some of the Northern Irish ones do a job for virtually no money); AND

are legal!!!

A Trophy is a Trophy whatever plate you put on it. There is an argument that having the original plate it was registered with (both the physical plates front and rear and the number itself) is actually better from a "perfectionist's" point of view (just makes the history etc. look more consistent). Also, when was the last time you saw an F40 or a 288 GTO and thought it looks awful with an "F/G" or "B" plate and should have "D4 VES" on it instead!
The original date specific plate sort of adds to the charm of special cars.

I would spend the money on maintaining the car - get a decent detail on the car and no-one will care about the number plate. There is NOTHING better than a well-maintained older car.

Reaction score
iS 1 I'm with you on the legal aspect (C110 TR wouldnt be legal spaced like that).
the glut of the recent "make your own" plates has had the side effect of creating massive problem of illegally spaced plates, something which the private plate companies only seem to perpetuate by advertising these plate on their sites wrongly spaced out.
I can only imagine the anguish felt by someone involved in a accident involving an "untraceable" car due to an illegaly / altered number plate...
i know of only 1 person made to change his illegal plate, he believes it was picked up by the next gen cameras on the motorway, and i must see 1 every day.... [-X