Reaction score
Evening All!

Trophy 369 (one of the Northern Irish cars) is currently enjoying it's wee stint over in England while I'm working here. Being that age, a timing / auxiliary belt was soon due, and with a service looming, and a wheel bearing calling out to be retired I started ringing around to find someone who could sort it all out. Renault wanted silly money (and reports on here seemed to vary regarding their ability), so I ended up going with K-Tec Racing down on the south coast.

As other owners may be looking similar work done in the near future, I thought I'd share my thoughts. Customer service was second to none, with very helpful and friendly staff on the phone, and they were very good at helping me organise a time that I could support getting the car there and back. Work was completed swiftly and as planned, and I collected the car mid-week, and it's been running sweet. Can't say it's transformed it (it was only a service and belts, though there's none of the wheel bearing noise I had for the last 2 weeks), but it is reassuring knowing the major work has been carried out by people who work on these engines day in day out.

Anyway, just thought those making a similar decision may like the added info.

Hope your all enjoying your Ts!

Ed

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi,

Thanks for sharing the info, I too am tempted to get ktec to sort my belts later this year. Can you give me an idea on cost? Also, what wheel bearing was going?

Reaction score
Good Morning bearne1,

Servicing costs are a fixed price "menu" from K-Tec, so all the details can be found here:

http://www.k-tecracing.com/workshop_services.asp

I had the cambelt, 48000m service (admittedly, a few 1000m early), an auxiliary belt (and its tensioner, which had seized) and the front nearside wheel bearing. The wheel bearing was a bit strange, one Mon on the way to work it was loud and that was it - no getting a little noise first and then getting worse, just bad from the start. Glad it's sorted though.

Ed