Reaction score
They are loose again, but worse than the last time. Tightend only a year ago. I'm getting mark fish to look at them in about a month plus geo. Could they be worn out after 25K? Are there any motorsport ones i can upgrade to? :mrgreen:
Does anyone know for and against of this, plus other solutions?
Will I have to do it every year like a service or MOT?
That sounds crap to me. [-X

Reaction score
Keep with the standards!

You will find that if you uprate one then down the line it will more than likely cause the next one to fail and so on......

Unless you go for the whole clio cup racer engine mount complete kit which cost in the region £1000!

Reaction score
Ok, so the standard ones have made a noise twice and I'm only on 25K. I would get Mark to sort it, but even with standard, I'm probably looking at £200-£300 including labour each time i have this done. I have owned the car since 4K miles so all of the abuse is me. The previous owner was in his 50's or 60's, no offence but I don't think he thrashed it. So if this will happen again before say 50K is here, I'll be seriously tempted to invest in the group N/A ones. Out of interest, who sells them? Even if i went the uprated K-tek route, this is not a complete kit. Ie no battery mount, no strut top mount etc. So Ill be doing a half and half job. #-o

Reaction score
Oh I had an Idea. If Mark Fish knocks up his own strut top mounts, He must be able to do all the other engine mounts too. Anyone know? Then it might be cheaper or could be bought piece meal if poss.