Reaction score
Just ordered a Clip tool for the renaults, should enable me to disable the airbags completely without messing about with resistors :)

It's the proper job and not one of those £30 jobs everyone's selling, according to the seller it's the full monty and works the same as the genuine renault set up, meaning i should be able too do everything renault can :)

just got wait for it too arrive and see what it's like/capable of.

Before anyone ask's i won't be able to work on anyone else's car due to legal reasons (accidents no airbags etc [-X ) but if someone is really keen to get there car on the machine for any reason then i'm sure i could be persuaded too loan out the machine for use in my garage for a fee :) should help recoup some cost's :wink:

Chris

Reaction score
Did you get the genuine Renault one?

I have the Renault one and have also just got the one Henk does at www.fastchip.nl and for just under £500 its great and works exactly the same as y original one.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
What is it ? What does it do ? Got a pic ? :?:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Very basically it links up to the onboard computer and allows you to diagnose any faults/warning lights and check things like ignition etc, I'm sure Chris will be able to tell you what his particular application will be.

Reaction score
mike@rentech said:
Did you get the genuine Renault one?

I have the Renault one and have also just got the one Henk does at http://www.fastchip.nl and for just under £500 its great and works exactly the same as y original one.

That's the one Mike, the Renault one is a bit too pricey for limited use, where as the fastchip one is reasonably priced :wink:

I'm just hoping what i've been told its capable of is actually true, i'm wanting to turn off the nanny state systems, after that it will just get used as and when a fault needs identifying.

Mike any advise you can give me on operating the FC one would be more than welcome [-o<
Hopefully it should be here just after the weekend [-o<

Chris

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Very basically it links up to the onboard computer and allows you to diagnose any faults/warning lights and check things like ignition etc, I'm sure Chris will be able to tell you what his particular application will be.

Ah, Ok cheers.

So this can disable electrical systems as well as diagnose problems etc ? Why cant the air bags etc be removed from the car and the electrical circuit be removed completely.