D5n

Reaction score
Unforunatley the time has come to sell my Trophy :(
Due to having a little one on the way I now require a bigger car.
I've owned it since August 2013.
Its just clicked on to 81,000.
Its taxed till the end of March 2014 and MOT'd until October 2014.
Passed it MOT last September with 2 advisories.
Both of which have been replaced, rear brake pads and front ball joints.
All 4 tyres have 4mm or more.
Im the 6th owner the last owner had it for over 3 years and I was planning on keeping it for awhile.
I have a booklet of all of its MOT's and a lots of receipts for tyres, brakes etc.
The belts where changed last year when it was serviced if I get time I will change the oil and spark plugs before the car goes to its new owner.
The car has service history up until 50,000 and then it's been done by the previous owners local garage.
Currently has 182 cup shocks on the front which where bought new from K-Tec last August. The Sachs dampers will be included but will need a refurb.
The wheels have a few marks and would benefit from a refurb.
I did plan on refurbing the shocks and wheels as these are the only things which let the car down.

Since owning the Trophy I done a few things to bring it back to life.
I have given the interior a shampoo,
Replaced the handbrake cable,
Replaced the heater controls as the paint had started flaking,
Painted the brake calipers,
Replaced the side skirt decals,
Fitted carbon fibre bits to the interior.
Fitted Skoda splitter as original was missing.

It has a few modifications most with receipts.
Janspeed cat back exhaust.
K-Tec drilled and grooved front discs.
K-Tec drilled rear discs.
K-Tec brake lines on the front.
DS2500 pads on the front.
K-Tec panel filter.
Scorpion decat pipe not fitted but will come with the car.
Carbon fibre dash trims, steering wheel insert and gear stick insert.
Silvertec bulbs.

The car is washed weekly and polished and waxed monthly.

I'm looking for what I paid for it which is £4300

Link to my progress thread.
http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/52070-044

9383529E-87E6-4007-AF5B-CAD3B172DCB3_zpssehq1p7v.jpg
957852F0-1046-44AD-BC4F-629B1763DEC6_zpsk2kcs18h.jpg
77B9567D-7282-43AD-8295-5D425374ECAD_zps3ubzh2dp.jpg
52BFEB9F-ED9E-4BF5-B883-899C0B6A3BF6_zps4jdaqodm.jpg
null_zps9c121197.jpg
null_zps81b5bb35.jpg

Last edited:

D5n

Reaction score
Price drop £3600.

Now removed the carbon fibre interior bits, Alpine headunit, RenaultSport mats, smaller front plate and the decat pipe won't be included.

Last edited:

D5n

Reaction score
Mileage clicked onto 81,800 yesterday will increase as it's still in daily use. Currently doing 150-200 miles a week. 6 months tax is going on the car tomorrow so it will be taxed until 30th of September 2014. Price is now £3600 due to this.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
you are not having much luck with this on ebay for some reason.
seen this close numerous times over the last few weeks,why has non one purchased yet?

D5n

Reaction score
you are not having much luck with this on ebay for some reason.
seen this close numerous times over the last few weeks,why has non one purchased yet?

Had a few time wasters they win the auction then come to collect the car and start trying to haggle the price down saying the shocks need refurbing or that the can buy a 182 cheaper. Had a few serious buyers who lhave left a deposit and then when it comes to the day there collecting the car they can't get all of the cash. Thanks to the Evo magazine article I've got 6 viewings over the next few days.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Had a few time wasters they win the auction then come to collect the car and start trying to haggle the price down saying the shocks need refurbing or that the can buy a 182 cheaper. Had a few serious buyers who lhave left a deposit and then when it comes to the day there collecting the car they can't get all of the cash. Thanks to the Evo magazine article I've got 6 viewings over the next few days.
There are some right idiots out there unfortunately,good luck with the next 6 viweings
:D

Reaction score

Just out of interest, how do you know it's down to the Evo article?

Reaction score

Sounds like your making good money on deposits ;)

Hate ebayers who win and then try it on..

Last edited:
Reaction score
EBay is good to get it out to a big audience but like on some forums you do get all the chancers just trying it.

D5n

Reaction score
I don't know if it's from the Evo magazine feature or not but there's been a lot more interest since the magazine came out.

Reaction score
I don't know if it's from the Evo magazine feature or not but there's been a lot more interest since the magazine came out.

Thanks D5n.
That's interesting since I have just put mine up as well.
Will go into my local library (WHSmith) and have a look at the article later.