Reaction score
I have had this Clio MK2 for about a month now and the front foglights have not been working.
There is a setting on the stalk for both front and back foglights but the front ones would not switch on.
I then jacked the car up to have a closer look, thinking it could be the bulbs or a loose wire. But after closer inspection I found that the lights were not at all wired up! there is not a wire anywhere near the lights.

Maybe the foglights were added for decoration purposes but that would not explain having the setting on the stalk.
My question is firstly why would someone purposely unplug these lights if they could be used?, and secondly how would I rewire these lights back up?

I can get pictures if need be.

Reaction score
If the loom under the bumper is missing then its a fairly simple plug in fix.

The other thing clio do suffer from is a broken wire out of the switch,does the warning light on the dash for front fog lamps come on? if so then the switch is ok if not then it may be a broken wire as well.Again this is fairly simple to fix.

Let us know

Reaction score
have you got this part?

2014-07-27164211_zps2f4f7f86.jpg

Nope, That seems to be the part missing, any idea where I could get one? I've looked on ebay but I can only find the loom and the lights, of course I don't need the actual lights.

Also this may sound stupid but where would the other end of the wire go to? I don't really have experience with electricals within cars.

Thank you for your help.

Reaction score
Did a quick search on ebay and

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171392161706?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Loom and one (spare) light.:up: It plugs in behind / below the nearside headlight.

Thanks for taking the time to fine that for me, Renparts said they could get me the wiring loom for £14.50 including delivery.

But before I order it, I can't seem to find where it plugs into.
I just had a look behind and below the headlight but I can't really tell what I am looking at, any chance I could get a picture?

Reaction score
it is inbetween the fog and the headlight, will be able to see it if you are under the car

Ah okay, I was looking through the bonnet.

I will have a look tomorrow as it is getting dark now and I will let you know how it goes.