Reaction score
All,

Sometime ago I started a thread on suspension settings, and I've been very slow at getting round to the chassis setup I'd promised myself (& the car!).

Question is, and Ive seen a thread on this, Will I need camber bolts to get 2 (or nearly 2) degrees of front negative camber?

Is there a consensus on what I settings I tell them to set the car up at?.

I have read the earlier threads, but just want to be very clear before I go and spend my hard earned pennies.

Thanks

Reaction score
My camber was adjusted using the std camber bolts, however they were machined in order to allow -2.00 degrees of camber to be dialled in. I believe H&R and Whiteline sell camber bolts so it is up to you which option you take.

As for set up, I am running -2.00 degrees on the fronts, and -1.75 on the rears. The rears were left as it came from the factory as I did not want to go down the route (expense) of using shims to change the camber on the rears.

Reaction score
OliS said:
My camber was adjusted using the std camber bolts, however they were machined in order to allow -2.00 degrees of camber to be dialled in. I believe H&R and Whiteline sell camber bolts so it is up to you which option you take.

As for set up, I am running -2.00 degrees on the fronts, and -1.75 on the rears. The rears were left as it came from the factory as I did not want to go down the route (expense) of using shims to change the camber on the rears.

Did you use Aurok? Julian adjusted the rears on my old Trophy.... i'm heading down there again on Friday to get the new one setup

Reaction score
Sadly I'm not going to Aurok, so I may have to buy the bolts!

Reaction score
You can also use 12 mm aerospace 12.9 grade bolts - providing that you find suitable nuts - ordinary nylocs are not up to the job, as you need about 180 NM of torque - I used spiraloc. This route is just as effective as proprietary 'camber bolts' and gives the right amount of camber. You will also need some thick washers.

Leave machining the standard bolts ot the experts, as otherwise you could end up with stress points and early failure.

Reaction score
Gareth said:
Did you use Aurok? Julian adjusted the rears on my old Trophy.... i'm heading down there again on Friday to get the new one setup

Sure did fella, although it was Toby who did my alignment. I thought there was a massive difference in handling when I got mine done, but I was fairly new to the Trophy back then, let us know if what you think when you get your done.

Reaction score
OliS said:
Gareth said:

Sure did fella, although it was Toby who did my alignment. I thought there was a massive difference in handling when I got mine done, but I was fairly new to the Trophy back then, let us know if what you think when you get your done.

it made a massive difference when i got car number 328 setup which is why i'm prepared to travel back down and get number 474 setup the same.

Being on my second Trophy now the difference in handling between the two is noticeable enough - i'm looking forward to getting the new one done :D

Reaction score
Cue said:
How much is this work likely to cost.... I'm getting mine done before the track season starts...

it varies a bit depending on how much work they need to do to the car - last time i seem to remember being there for about 3 and a bit hours and paid something like 150 cash i think

Reaction score
Cue said:
what effect does it have on tyre wear? I'd assume the front scrub more on the insides.... ????

i noticed no additional wear on the tyres in the 5000 miles i did since the work was completed - some of the others who have had the work done might be able to confirm this or give a different opinion

Reaction score
Same here, no real noticable additional wear, however I did swap my fronts to the rear after about 6,000 miles with the additional camber.

Reaction score
OliS said:
Same here, no real noticable additional wear, however I did swap my fronts to the rear after about 6,000 miles with the additional camber.

mine were swapped at the time of havng the work done - approx 10k on the original fronts and still a good bit of life in them when swapped round