Reaction score
Hi All!

Got my Trophy on order - should arrive in a couple of weeks.

Where has everyone got there cars insured and did you get a good deal? I'm 24/6 years NCD/no convictions/accidents so insurance is still high for me. I'm 25 in a month though so would it be worth delaying taking out the policy then (I can store the car safely in the mean time before you ask!)

Steve (tba/500!)

hyb

Reaction score
Nice one :) I'm sure the weeks will crawl by! just like mine are unfortunatly :/

I've been getting quotes of £900ish from elephant and Privilige. 22, 3points(sp30)
It's worth stickin your mum down on the insurance as well even if she's never going to set foot in it, knocks off a few £££. (clean license that is)

Reaction score
I got stung on my insurance. All my NCD is on my other car and you can't have it running on two. So i've had to insure the trophy with no NCD. Still when the other car is up for renewal Admiral said if i put it with them they NCD will count on both cars, so its not all bad.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just had to renew my insurance today. 25, 4yrs NCD, no points (yet! #-o ) Renewal was £555 with Privilege. I'm not posh.

I added protected NCD now I can though, so that upped it to £646. Not too bad really, a lot cheaper than last year, even with the protection.

Reaction score
Some good quotes. Some of the companies i have called havent even got the Trophy on their model lists yet and therefore couldnt even quote!

Im 25, 4 years NCB, 3 points from an SP50, and i am getting quotes of £788 from Norwich Union!

Adrian Flux were £1200+

I was hoping to get it for £600 ish.

Reaction score
31 , 9 years NC and 3 points.

£490 with Elephant

My old company Direct Choice quoted me £950 on the Trophy!!!!! I only paid £600 for my VX220 Turbo!!

God knows how they worked that out!

Reaction score
I am insured through Directline £725 Fully comp with protected No Cliams. I am 24 this year with 6 years NCD and a clean licence.

Definatly give them a ring i recon they could get you a rather good deal.

Reaction score
wow, seems like there are some good deals out there for people of similar age! I recently paid £340 TPFT to renew my Pug 205gti which is worth sod all so if I could insure the Trophy for £600 i'd be ecstatic!

How have you lot got such cheap quotes - are your cars garaged? Mine will have to be left on the drive so that will probably bump it up a bit.

Reaction score
Mine is garaged and in a relativly low crime area but even so, my mate has a 306GTI 6 left on the road with the standard alarm, in a mid crime rate area, he is the same age and he pays £850 all in. thats with PNCD.

Reaction score
Cheers guys, I'll give the companies mentioned a bell.... insurance costs seem to be really cyclic. You only ever seem to get a decent quote from the companies that are currently pushing for business...

Reaction score
32 years old, partner 35, both on policy. 350 quid fully comp with egg. admiral were actually slgithyl cheaper, but couldn't be bothered to change insurers...

Si