Reaction score
I sold my Trophy (023/500) last month. I was the second owner and I live in Halifax. The first owner lived in Crewe and that's a spit and a stride from where its new, 3rd owner lives. So it's gone back home, as it were. I loved it but ran it as an everyday car doing short journeys around urban West Yorkshire on some of the planet's crappiest roads and it was just not the right car for the job. It was fantastic on a rural, B road blast or round Blyton Park but not on the potholed tracks that pass for roads between Bradford and Halifax.

So I now have a Megane R26 in liquid yellow which is far better suited to the job. It might not be ultimately quite as exciting or direct, but much easier to live with on the daily grind. At least I've kept faith with Renaultsport - those guys in Dieppe know what they're about.

nbc

Reaction score
That was the path I took before returning to the T.
Mine was LY too, great cars, I loved mine.

Get the Stage 1 Rs Tuning map on it, makes such a difference and keeps the reliability too.

Enjoy.

Reaction score
Cheers.

The previous owner bought an RS Tuning "box" that uploads to the ECU. Unless I return to the standard map, which apparently I can, I have nothing to compare it with but it feels pretty strong. However, I intend to book it into RS Tunong for a proper rolling road remap soonest. I have no real excuse: they're only 10 miles down the road from me. My youngest son (who has Trophy 229/500) had his old Focus diesel remapped by RS Tuning and the transformation, including increased mpg, was remarkable. I'd always been sceptical about remaps, but the Focus was a revelation.

Reaction score
Most turbocharged cars will see healthy gains from a remap by someone as competent as Paul at RS Tuning. Enjoy the new lease of life it will bring to your R26!