Reaction score
hi folks.

would appreciate some simple advice please, my brakes are due for some attention and was looking into an upgrade from OEM.i have looked through various posts and found some helpful points, i am looking to keep the rear as standard OEM and upgrade the front. it appears that brembo hc disks are popular and well many choices on pads which im not sure on but maybe ferodo ds2500 with braided hoses and dot 5.1.just a few points to help me out.

1.rear OEM disks and pads are they best sourced from renault dealers or else where?
2.similar question for source of upgrade, where do folks go for brembo max disks and the pads? i see its been mentioned that GSF stock some parts and k-tec have a package of brembo and ds2500.
3.braided hose.ive been told that they need to be measured! are they not a standard length? does anybody do like a hose kit?

i am not looking to track the car just for road use only.

many thanks in advance for helpful advice.cheers.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
midlandsowner said:
hi folks.

would appreciate some simple advice please, my brakes are due for some attention and was looking into an upgrade from OEM.i have looked through various posts and found some helpful points, i am looking to keep the rear as standard OEM and upgrade the front. it appears that brembo hc disks are popular and well many choices on pads which im not sure on but maybe ferodo ds2500 with braided hoses and dot 5.1.just a few points to help me out.

1.rear OEM disks and pads are they best sourced from renault dealers or else where?
2.similar question for source of upgrade, where do folks go for brembo max disks and the pads? i see its been mentioned that GSF stock some parts and k-tec have a package of brembo and ds2500.
3.braided hose.ive been told that they need to be measured! are they not a standard length? does anybody do like a hose kit?

i am not looking to track the car just for road use only.

many thanks in advance for helpful advice.cheers.

1. no, use someone like GSF - they're around 10-20% cheaper but are the same parts.
2. various, I've used different suppliers - it depends who's cheapest when i'm in the market.
3. Not sure on length of the hoses to be fair, goodridge or mocal should be able to point you in the right direction though.

If you're not tracking the car then don't go for 5.1 fluid, it needs changing every 6 months, stay with a good dot 4 fluid.

Reaction score
Thanks very much for yr reply cue, appreciate yr comments a great help.esp as i didnt realise about the brake fluid will take yr advise and use a good dot 4 fluid.

Reaction score
I'll second everything cue said. I have the HC discs on 007 along with goodridge hoses and ds2500 pads, and the combination is quite remarkable compared to the OEM setup.

Oh and cue is also spot on a about the 5.1, only use it if you need it for consistent, high performance driving, otherwise a good brand of 4.1 is the way forward. The braided lines help anyway.

Reaction score
thanks for yr reply wlshyd182 i shall be taking both yrs and cues advice and go with that set up should be a great improvement on the standard set up.must admint didnt know about the dot 4 fluid bit but shall be following that once ive hunted around and sourced everything.

appreciate yr comments wlshyd182.cheers.