Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the correct term, boot strut or the damper that holds up the tailgate? But they need replacing on my Trophy as now they cant hold up the boot at all. Wondered if anyone had a part number for these, as I know they are shorter to accommodate the V6 spoiler?
Any idea of price?

I guess there more expensive as there were used less...

Cheers

G

Reaction score
Trophy No.
This isn't just a consequence of the cold is it, mine almost clocked me yesterday and normally it's fine.

Reaction score
yeah what Hoolio said...cold
R27 boot is the same, the cold has also affected the key card thing, that aint working great either.

Reaction score
Yeah mine did cone down on my head this morning. Normally they are fine. I think technically they are a gas spring. But we used to call them struts which is probably misleading. Tomato tomato....

Reaction score
lol I parked on my mrs driveway facing up hill and opened the boot to get some stuff out and it came down on my head! thought our mrs shut the boot on my head! :lol:

Reaction score
Yeah i say just the cold!!

But if you need it 7700842256 £41.70+vat each

Judging by the price i would say its the cold :lol:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well this is good news, :) I thought there was a history of these going after time but I must of been mistaken. So hopefully when/if warmer weather returns this will return back to normal.

Wow thats pretty steep at £41each. Think I would rather by a helmet to protect my head from being hit by the boot. :lol:

Now I just need to figure out why my Stereo wont turn on anymore... :roll:

Reaction score
Gazza said:
Well this is good news, :) I thought there was a history of these going after time but I must of been mistaken. So hopefully when/if warmer weather returns this will return back to normal.

You're right, they will weaken with age, but shouldn't do yet!

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Gazza said:

Wow thats pretty steep at £41each. Think I would rather by a helmet to protect my head from being hit by the boot. :lol:

Now I just need to figure out why my Stereo wont turn on anymore... :roll:

Ahhh, thats just down to crappy reno electrics! :)