Reaction score
Conversation continued from previous post......

Steve, I did say 'worked' on...was a technician from '79 (eek) until '86 and worked for Renault and BMW dealerships. The course and experience stands me in pretty well when buying so was worthwhile.

I used to work on a 2002 Turbo, although not much really needed doing, just tinkering as it had been restored already. It was a car that went like stink, but have to say that (say) a nice mk1 325 was a much more refined car and really showed the dynamic improvements made in the ten year or so gap between the cars. The Mk1 M3 LHD was light years ahead. Having said all that the mid-70's was a time for outrageous medium sized cars - in comparison to the other cars on the road - so the 2002 turbo would take it's place amongst them. Maybe that was the end of the 'hooligan' era for that class too! Thinking RS3100 Capri, BMW 2002 turbo , HSV Firenza etc. Not that cars haven't been faster, but the rawness has been engineered out.

Can tick the box on a CSL in the same way hehe. I can remember driving one and thinking that I had bust a valve seal or ring as the road behind as full of blue smoke. Er no, it was the tyres that had lit up lol

Reaction score
It's nice to see BMW has gone back to a forced induction set up on their petrol models with the 335ci... will be a fantastic owner proposition that car!

O.