Reaction score
Does anyone know if any other Clios came with black seatbelts? Mine are really grubby and won't clean up, so I thought would be a good mod if an easy swap.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Took mine out last year, get a hard scrubbing brush and good detergent and should clean up.

Otherwise sure you could get a set cheap on eBay?

Was thinking of going red if I could find any!

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't try to be honest - spent all day detailing the car but thought the belts were beyond saving. What did you use?

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't try to be honest - spent all day detailing the car but thought the belts were beyond saving. What did you use?

Autoglym Interior shampoo and a bucket of Zaino Z7 Car shampoo, what I usually use to clean the car. Any Car shampoo will do though.

Oh yeah and a dish brush :D

Reaction score
I can sense a bit of OCD cleaning coming on this weekend. If they don't scrub up I'll look into the 172 belts but that's gotta be approaching 100 quid for the whole lot?

Thanks all.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if any other Clios came with black seatbelts? Mine are really grubby and won't clean up, so I thought would be a good mod if an easy swap.
I have a full set of Dark Grey ones which i was sold by some dodgy seller on CS as Silver!!! when my pup chewed the rear belts a few years ago.

Reaction score
I have tried lots of stuff to clean the belts,the autoglym interior cleaner is the only thing that shifts it.

As said you need to pull them right out and use a scrubbing brush and plenty of the stuff and hot water,but it DOES work.

Reaction score
Someone once told me to pull the belt all the way out, trap it in the door, and pressure wash it.
Never tried it, presume you'd have to put a towel between the belt and bodywork to protect the paint. And needs to be done on a sunny day obviously, so they dry.

Reaction score
Someone once told me to pull the belt all the way out, trap it in the door, and pressure wash it.
Never tried it, presume you'd have to put a towel between the belt and bodywork to protect the paint. And needs to be done on a sunny day obviously, so they dry.

I pulled mine out and trapped it in the door. I personally would never pressure wash it against the car, It'll flap around and make all kinds of marks in your paintwork.

Best method is a scrubbing brush. Doesn't take long at all to see the results. 20-30minutes per belt (depending on how bad they are)

Reaction score
If anyone wants them, i have the old silver belts out of Trophy under my desk at work.

Would be ideal if you wanted to clean them out of the car before fitting - could do them for say, £35 via courier.