Reaction score
im thinking of spending some money on the trophy and was wondering if a de cat and induction kit would be beneficial, ive already got a janspeed exhaust system and wanted a little more response and sound. has anyone got these mods and are you happy with them? many thanks :D

Reaction score
decat moreso than induction.

decat with give a couple of hp and a better sound too. very cheap but beneficial mod!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Neither of these will give you much extra response/hp (though there are some who would argue the point) but both will give you extra noise and if you disconnect the a/v you'll get extra "rasp"

Reaction score
As said, neither will give any improvement in bhp - it's a bit of a myth I think

Decat seemed to smooth out a slight flat spot I had between 4-5k revs though

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
yep, just got off the phone to Neil @ greenlight - decats will definately invalidate your insurance.... 200 cell sports cats are fine though.

i'd say the best order and mods are:

Brakes - disks, lines, fluid and pads
ITG panel filter
Inlet manifold
Exhasut (the fact that an aftermarket one is lighter will make the most difference)
Cold air feed (CAF) (depends on how extreme you want to go as moving the battery to the boot will be a good idea at this stage)
Then a Live remap, to take into account the mods.

After that you'll have a 200bhp car (ish), one of the best handling cars on the market and one that'll out brake most things...

If you plan to track it then consider adjustable rear suspension and de-pinning the front shocks., roll cage and remove the fog lights to put some brake cooling duct in.

Again though this is way down the list of normal needs for road use. Stick to the Brakes, Filter, Manifold, Exhaust and remap - the CAF isn't really needed.