Alarm Fault

Reaction score
my 54 plate 182 cup seems to have developed an alarm problem: when i lock the car/prime alarm, i'm getting the continuous beep sound instead of the correct 4 short beeps - the doors, bonnet & boot are all shut, so i'm guessing it's a fault... #-o

any ideas much appreciated :?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
My trophy seems to have problem where 3 chirps sound when the car is locked - assume this is down to one of the door switches?

Thanks

Reaction score
Paul_S said:
my 54 plate 182 cup seems to have developed an alarm problem: when i lock the car/prime alarm, i'm getting the continuous beep sound instead of the correct 4 short beeps - the doors, bonnet & boot are all shut, so i'm guessing it's a fault... #-o

continous bleep means either...the boot, door or bonnet switches has not closed.
the indicators should not flash either, but the system will arm...

there should be a incert in your handbook for the alarm

i can post a picture again of mine...

Reaction score
son of solo said:
[quote="Paul_S":1as7zth1]my 54 plate 182 cup seems to have developed an alarm problem: when i lock the car/prime alarm, i'm getting the continuous beep sound instead of the correct 4 short beeps - the doors, bonnet & boot are all shut, so i'm guessing it's a fault... #-o

i can post a picture again of mine...[/quote:1as7zth1]

cheers - herein lies the weirdness, as bonnet, doors & boot are all properly closed - should i be looking for a fault in the closing mechanisms rather than the alarm itself?

Reaction score
Paul i had this myself and ive now fixed it. It was a badly fitting bonnet switch at fault. The easiest way to find out on yours is to push one of the door/bonnet/bootswitches with your finger and try and lock the car. dont worry about the door/bonnet/boot being open as the car will think it's closed as you have your finger on the switch. If the car locks as normal with no beeping then you know its something to do with the switch youre pushing. In my case the switch wasnt fitted correctly and the bonnet wasnt quite pushing it enough.

There are further checks if this doesnt work, let us know how you do.

Dave 8)

Reaction score
Most common one is like tractor says is the sensor under the bonnet which fits in the top right hand of the grille!

Reaction score
yep, bonnet switch not pushed down enough when bonnet shut - fixed with some plastic glue & rubber packer :) ...