Advice needed!

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the best way of getting rid of my car if it is under finance? Can I just give it back? I am off to Oz for a year with my work but although I would love to keep my trophy :( I really don't see any sense in it! Anyone?

Reaction score
Phone your finance people up, they will give you a settlement figure, i.e the figure they want from you.....hopefully the sale of your car will cover this.

Think thats how it works

Reaction score
Thriller, you've probably seen the post but Steve at alltrophies is after one. He knows about finance stuff and might be able to help.

Lucky bastard going to OZ for a year, I'm hoping to do the same in a year or two.
Not lucky bastard losing the Troph but you'll get over it when hooning a Holden around the outback.

Reaction score
Phone finance company get settlement figure.

Advertise car, get buyer, inform of finance owing.

Agree price, get buyer to do a CHAPS payment over phone to finance company for outstanding balance.

Fill in log book & wave goodbye :D

Easy, thats how i bought mine.

Cheapest trophy around at present at least 11k, so as long as you don't owe 11k you will be fine.

Reaction score
Probably best you change the avatar before trying to sell it ;) Depending upon who you settle the finance with it can be easy or a little frustrating. Lloyds Bowmaker you can settle using debit card and immediate clear title. A recent RFS CHAPS cleared funds settlement took them at least 10 days to release title, which was annoying to say the least. But G40 is correct, in principle it's simple, but I would go with buyer to their bank branch nearest to you and ensure they fill out the forms and show ID there and then.

Reaction score
allvehicles said:
Probably best you change the avatar before trying to sell it ;)

I think the avatar is from the promotional CDROM/video... unless he was dirving his own car for the recording! ;)

Good luck with the sale :)

O.