Reaction score
Just wondering how people have mounted the lap belts for the harnesses in your Trophy's?

Its easy to simply drill a hole in the Recaro mounts (or even the floor), but id rather not do that for resale purposes ...

I have OMP 4 point clip in ones (with eye bolts) if that helps.

Cheers
Dave

Reaction score
I drilled the seat mounts; you may be able to pick up on the existing inertia belt mounts??

Reaction score
Always go on the original mounting points. They are designed to cope with the massive forces in the event of a crash. The seat frames are not and will probably pull through...

Reaction score
Faultless logic but I Have to say, the seat base option, properly mounted with correct size holes correct nuts and appropriate load spreading washers looks way stronger than the door side lower system on the clio with it's floating 1/4" bar arrangement! (have a tug ) If, like me, you wish to keep the inertias for the road, then the options are limited.

Reaction score
They have to be fitted to the original mounts or they are not legal to use on the road!!

Reaction score
Hence leaving the inertias in place ! Voila...

Also certain harness buckles are not road homologated either so you are not able to legally use them, plus harnesses are rubbish/impractical for road use - keep the inertias and ADD a harness ;-)

Reaction score
eljeffo64 said:
Hence leaving the inertias in place ! Voila...

Also certain harness buckles are not road homologated either so you are not able to legally use them, plus harnesses are rubbish/impractical for road use - keep the inertias and ADD a harness ;-)

This is exactly what i want to do, have the facility to clip the harnesses in/out for track use. Mind you they are 4 point, ECE homologated (Road legal) ones so i could use them daily, if i was mad ...

Although i have now found these brackets: http://www.msar-safety.com/detail.asp?p ... on_Bracket which will theoretically allow me to use any one of the seat/subframe mounting points - the bracket effectively inserts as a 'washer' and allows harness clip on fitment.

Might order some & see what happens ...

Reaction score
That looks like a good option. And it'll be safe coming from a manufacturer like Schroth. Might look at harnesses for a trip to the ring...

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i mount mine on the original belt points (side) and for the top tension belt I fix them top the rear lower seat belt bolts. Gives a proper 45 deg angle...

Reaction score
Quick update as yesterday i fitted my harnesses!!

Used 4 of these: http://www.msar-safety.com/detail.asp?p ... on_Bracket and fixed them to:

1. 2 x Inner seat belt pretensioner mounting points on the Recaro's (handbrake side), so that the mounts are hidden by the 'leather' covers.
2. 2 x Outer seat belt anchoring points, at the bottom of the door pillars.

I then removed the rear isobar & used 2 x M10 eyebolts in those fixing points, with 2 x normal eyebolts in the existing rear seatbelt mounting points.

Fit perfectly & can be removed within 2 minutes, leaving a totally standard looking car 8)

DSC03158.jpg
DSC03159.jpg

Reaction score
Hi Dave, I have ordered a OMP harness and am hoping to fix similar to you have suggested.

When I have connected into the link there appears to be 2 sizes for the clips?

Do you recall which of the 2 you used?

Thanks in anticipation,

Nick

Reaction score
I cant' bring myself to do this to my T as i do need the back seats occasionally. :D Giving people lifts.

But i have to say they do look awesome, almost like they should have been sold like it.

Reaction score
Nick.Greenwood said:
Hi Dave, I have ordered a OMP harness and am hoping to fix similar to you have suggested.

When I have connected into the link there appears to be 2 sizes for the clips?

Do you recall which of the 2 you used?

Thanks in anticipation,

Nick

Hi Nick,

I used the B 23 A bracket.

Any problems just ask :)

Reaction score
Hi Dave, just wanted to say thanks for your advice regards getting this sorted. You are right the harness can be clipped out and the back seats put back in in less than 10mns if need be which I also do occasional need.

Thought I would add a couple of pictures given the car is clean for a change.

Thanks again, Nick
[/attachment][attachment=1:1el29yr3]Christening & Xmas 2010 & Trophy 034.JPG[/attachment:1el29yr3]

Attachments

• Christening & Xmas 2010 & Trophy 034.JPG
    Christening & Xmas 2010 & Trophy 034.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 101
  • Christening & Xmas 2010 & Trophy 035.JPG
    Christening & Xmas 2010 & Trophy 035.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
Reaction score
Nick.Greenwood said:
Hi Dave, just wanted to say thanks for your advice regards getting this sorted. You are right the harness can be clipped out and the back seats put back in in less than 10mns if need be which I also do occasional need.

Glad you got it sorted Nick!

It really is a brilliant way to fit harnesses & keep the practicality of the car :)