Reaction score
....and I get a speeding ticket!!!!!

I've had 7 years of breaking the speed limit and almost as soon as I jump into a bright red hot hatch I get clobbered!

I can't really complain though, 3 points and £60 is getting off lightly as the policeman was lenient!!!

Reaction score
The day I picked my Trophy up I got home to find an SP30 in the letterbox. 7 years and not a single fine and then caught doing 36 in a 30 in my C2 VTS. Thought about appealing, but it was 2 days before crimbo and just couldn't be arsed.

Kind of killed the excitement of having a car that could rip the C2 to shreds! Got over it in about 5 minutes though. I still smile just looking at the car. love it.

The cruise control on the Trophy is brilliant round town though. Also annoys the hell out of everyone else.

Reaction score
chiefbadger said:
The day I picked my Trophy up I got home to find an SP30 in the letterbox. 7 years and not a single fine and then caught doing 36 in a 30 in my C2 VTS. Thought about appealing, but it was 2 days before crimbo and just couldn't be arsed.

Kind of killed the excitement of having a car that could rip the C2 to shreds! Got over it in about 5 minutes though. I still smile just looking at the car. love it.

The cruise control on the Trophy is brilliant round town though. Also annoys the hell out of everyone else.

For some reason the actual text in the threads isn't appearing when I look at them!?!?!?

I used the CC driving home on Sunday. I had some normal Clio keeping pace with me at about 85 but we had to slow down for a speed camera just at the bottom of a hill. He was right up behind me until I dropped into 4th and accelerated all the way up the hill.

It took him a couple of miles to catch up again!!! :D

Reaction score
Another one!

Nothing for 7 years and then 2 tickets in 4 months, the Trophy is a police magnet!!! :(

I was on a nice empty M6 Toll, and I'd just commented to my girlfriend that you very rarely see police on said road......oops!

Luckily though I got pulled over by two more lenient officers one of whom owns a 182 Cup!!

Reaction score
hyb said:
2 in 4 monhts!? ouch!

Get on a trackday instead, it'll probably work out cheaper :)

A few people I've told turn around and say "but there are no limits on the M6 Toll...."

Luckily the friendly officers knocked a few MPH off my speed so it went through as 3 points and £60!

I've just done a quote on Elephant and the 2nd ticket has added £10 per month to my policy when it comes time to renew!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Re: Another one!

chiefsilverback said:
Nothing for 7 years and then 2 tickets in 4 months, the Trophy is a police magnet!!! :(

I was on a nice empty M6 Toll, and I'd just commented to my girlfriend that you very rarely see police on said road......oops!

Luckily though I got pulled over by two more lenient officers one of whom owns a 182 Cup!!

I'd best keep my eye's peeled, i've hit jail term speeds on 'said' road before. best around the payment booths - watching as leon coupra or golf gti try in vain to out drag you, lol

Reaction score
Re: Another one!

Cue said:
chiefsilverback said:

I'd best keep my eye's peeled, i've hit jail term speeds on 'said' road before. best around the payment booths - watching as leon coupra or golf gti try in vain to out drag you, lol

A Cupra R/new GTI will be pretty much neck and neck with a Trophy in a straight line and I can say that as I used to own an LCR!!

I was driving my girlfriend home to Braintree a week or so ago and going through the Dartford tunnel I could hear some huge exhaust and suddenly see the roof of the tunnel being lit by flames and it turned out to be a rather nice Scooby.

Off the M25 at junction 30 and round to the 2nd set of lights, waiting to head up onto the A13 going east, and the Scooby and I are side by side and suddenly I notice and equally high performance Scooby on my right, plus a couple behind. They were obviously heading home from a meet.

Well No.099 held it's own off the line but didn't really stand a chance when the rice rockets came on boost!

Back on topic though, the Midlands Expressway is definately policed and the national speed limits apply. Plus those T5s can go faster than a Trophy! ;)