Reaction score
Does anyone know whether brakes from a 197/megane/200 would be a direct fit to the 182 hub? The discs are probably too big for 16''s though?

Reaction score
Hi Sam - I think it's possible but quite expensive. Ben at AWT can apparently do this at a cost of around £700....

Reaction score
Hi mark, thats only the same price as wilwood/HiSpec 4 pots though - and i would imagine the brembo items are better quality, or do you mean he will make them fit for £700 :shock: .....

Reaction score
From memory it's parts and fitting. Not sure about wheel size, think 16"s are OK.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
most 4 pots won't fit over 15' track wheels, that much i know.... 16's should be ok for brembos but i'd recommend adding some brake ducts to help cool them as you'll end up bending the disks due to the higher temps involved.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'd be suprised if you can squeeze the 197 brembos in behind 16" wheels, as they are a reasonably tight squeeze behind the 17's on the 197.

Quite often the problem is not just the diameter of the wheel, but also the offset from the hub to the face of the wheel. On the 197 the gap between the back of the wheel spokes and the front face of the brembo caliper is literally about 1-2mm.

renaultcliosport197brakes.jpg

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Steve, hope you are well!

I check on here quite often, but I just lurk these days, rather than post much :lol:

Have had an R27 since i sold the Trophy, but i'm about to get rid of that and buy something older and cheaper to play with and can afford to risk on track.

I'd love to buy another Trophy as I do miss it, but (and i'm pleased) the values are holding up fairly well (seem to be up for not that much less than i sold mine for 2 years ago!). I'll probably end up with something sensible with 5 doors, and a 172 or 172 cup that i can abuse :twisted:

Reaction score
Should be fine in theory if your using small discs (around max of 295mm for 15") But a 2 piece disc is a good addition on 4 pot callipers, aiding in heat dissipation as oppose to 1 piece all steel discs.

Dave (D4ve) on Cliosport.net has AP racing 4 pots fitted, without knowing the dimmensions of the Brembo calliper difficult to say

http://clio-motorsport.blogspot.com/

Would work out cheaper if brackets were made in small batch - group buy :wink: lol