189 Long Awaited Suspension 'Refresh' (not dampers)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Have been saving up for a while and buying parts on the cheap when they became available. Today is the day the car has gone into the garage for a front end 'refresh'. Have opted for Lemforder ball joints (last ones were cheaper alternatives), new genuine front bearings, complete top mount kits and Renault ARB bushes.

Decided to keep all components genuine as have heard varying reports about polybushes and solid top mounts.

Heres hoping that the work removes the current knocking over bumps and brings back that sharp response the Trophy had when it was purchased 2 and a half years ago!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Have you got a list of part numbers for all of this? I fancy doing the same to mine.

Are these Lemforder ball joints standard?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Have you got a list of part numbers for all of this? I fancy doing the same to mine.

Are these Lemforder ball joints standard?

Hi,

Cannot find receipt for the outer ARB bushes but they are not listed on this site anywhere - cost IRO £15 for the pair.

Strut top mount kit from Euro Car Parts using 25% discount code = £40.74 (SKF - same manufacturer for parts supplied by Renault)

Front Cup / Trophy bearings SNR / SKF - £52.20 each (picked up one on Ebay for 99p!)

Pair of Lemforder ball joints approx £15 each side using 25% discount code. These are not supplied by Renault but as good if not better (used on BMW's and other high spec vehicle and highly rated by Fred on Cliosport.net).

Spoke to my mechanic earlier today and all parts fitted with no problems (he mentioned that all if not most of the parts showed signs of wear). Only issue I now have is leaking front dampers (already have had them refurbed) so will be investigating this tomorrow.