Reaction score
ive found the website to see more info on the rs tuner pro. they dont have any in stock so hopefully they will get some in soon but further up on the list to buy it says car licience. would this mean you need to buy this in order to use your rs tuner or is it for other cars etc? im a rookie on this sort of thing but worried if i bugger it up and put a different programme on the ecu il reck my trophy, does sound simple though

Reaction score
ben182trophy said:
ive found the website to see more info on the rs tuner pro. they dont have any in stock so hopefully they will get some in soon but further up on the list to buy it says car licience. would this mean you need to buy this in order to use your rs tuner or is it for other cars etc? im a rookie on this sort of thing but worried if i buffalo it up and put a different programme on the ecu il reck my trophy, does sound simple though

When you purchase the RStuner pro you get the free map from Henks site, just make sure you follow the manual so you install the correct ecu calibration.
You only need the car licence if you are going to use the Pro on another car.

Reaction score
Ok so ive just recieved my Rs Tuner pro and uploaded the free performance map from the fastchip website.
My question is this: I want to get a custom map made for the car, do i need to purchase the wideband controller and 02 sensor? I realise this will give actual AFR data, but will the gains be significant enough to justify the £150 price tag?
The mods on the car are de-cat pipe and v6espace airbox plus caf.
Any info would be much appreciated
ed

Reaction score
Re:

scott said:
UPDATE:- Just took the Trophy out again with the performance analyizer, this time i tried it in the afternoon, on what looked like a very flat stretch of road and there was no wind.

First run 119.86kw and 179nm torque.
Second run 105.67kw and 169nm torque.
Third run 110.45kw and 173nm torque.

That seems more like it, 119.86kw equates to about 162 bhp. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Just been reading back through this thread and i have no idea what happened here or what i was thinking but it couldnt possible be 162bhp at the wheels. Think there was an issue with one of the early issues of the performance anyaliser back in 2008.

Had the car serviced a few weeks ago, cleaned and re-oiled K&N, new plugs, new oil and filter and new gear box oil etc.
Been out today and done a few runs with the performance anyaliser.
101kw @ 6442rpm
160nm @ 5441rpm @ the wheels.
Thats approx 135bhp @ the wheels.
161bhp at the fly, which i think is 120kw @ the fly. Down 14kw ans 19bhp on the figure Reno quote?

A bit low and strange that the torque dropped off at 5500rpm but the power rose another 13bhp between 5500rpm and 6400rpm??
Still, although these figures dont seem too good im not too bothered. Its still goes as good as it always has, keeping up with if not quicker than the usual riff raff, including my mates R27. :D

Is there anyone out there with a RS Tuner Pro that has done the performance anyaliser thing recently?? My car has just hit 83000miles.

Reaction score
I see the calibration downloads on the fastchip website are now 5euros. When i purchased my rs tuner the ecu calibration was a free download. Is their any difference? cheers ed