Reaction score
Received my RSTuner Pro today from Henk at Fastchip.

Just finished setting it all up and have already backed up my current ECU files. The software is very easy to install and operate.

Will load Henks new 98Ron performance map tomorrow and report back.

Looking forward to sending him my data log so that he can build me a custom map suited to my car and its mods.

Reaction score
Matt X2C said:
???

whats this then? A new custom map for you Matt?

explain please :D

Well as you know I did have a custom Superchip remap, which I have been very pleased with.

But since then I have switched from a de-cat to a custom Mark fish sports cat, fitted inlets and a Maxogen.

To go back to Sanspeed to have my custom Superchip remap re-mapped would cost approx £100+vat and I would have to arrange cover at work etc as they don't open on a Saturday.

So I've gone for the RSTuner Pro kit developed by Henk at www.fastchip.nl which worked out just less than £180 delivered.

With this kit I can back-up my Superchips remap and save it on file for use at a later date. This morning I have down loaded Henks latest 98Ron high mid range torque software. Took less than 2mins to program my ECU. Just waiting for Parcelforce to collect todays orders and then I'm off for a quick spin.

Over the weekend I plan create a log file which Henk can use to build me custom software designed for my car and mods.

I will then have four maps to play with;

1/ Std
2/ Superchips
3/ Henks new 98Ron based on the grp n
4/ Henks custom map

Reaction score
Just got back from having a little drive and I'm so very pleased.

The engine feels so much stronger - from low revs right up to the limit.

Throttle response has also improved. :D :D

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
sounds like the best of both worlds. Will have to compare at some stage after RS tuning have done mine.

Reaction score
What does setting it up involve? Ive had a quick look and it looks like a quality product, but was a but unsure of the bit where it says you have to conect the chip to the ECU? Is this hard to do?
I good with computers, use them all the time but not for programming ECUs.
Do you get pre-build programs from fastchip?
My car is standard at the moment but will be mods in the future.
I had a k-tec remap on my last clio and i was very impressed, would be cool if i could do this sitting outside my house.

Reaction score
scott said:
What does setting it up involve? Ive had a quick look and it looks like a quality product, but was a but unsure of the bit where it says you have to conect the chip to the ECU? Is this hard to do?
I good with computers, use them all the time but not for programming ECUs.
Do you get pre-build programs from fastchip?
My car is standard at the moment but will be mods in the future.
I had a k-tec remap on my last clio and i was very impressed, would be cool if i could do this sitting outside my house.

Basically you get a little black box (mine was blue), a USB cable and a cable which connects to the OBDII port under the ash tray in your car.

With the software supplied you can read and write your ECU as many times as you like. The Grp n software is available FREE for download from his site.

If you are good with computers you should find it very straight forward.

Reaction score
Cheers mate sounds good, might get it. I was just a bit confused with the instruction i looked at, they had pictures of the loom to the ecu, or thats what it looked like, and it said you have to wire pin 8 and 18 to get it to work?
Did you have to do this?

Reaction score
scott said:
Cheers mate sounds good, might get it. I was just a bit confused with the instruction i looked at, they had pictures of the loom to the ecu, or thats what it looked like, and it said you have to wire pin 8 and 18 to get it to work?
Did you have to do this?

No it was all 'plug and play'.

Reaction score
Ordered mine today, ive just been on the phone to the bank and they said there is some kind of issue with meastro so all transaction are on hold on all meastro bank / credit cards, at first i thought they meant my card but then they told me it was everyones cards, dont know if its just hsbc or all banks, so thats probably going to delay it. Looking forward to getting it though.

Reaction score
I think I will invest in one of these, was waiting to see what you thought of it Mat.

HSBC bank has been playing up all afternoon, had endless problems at work with cards being declined!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
That is a very good price considering most remaps come in at around £300. Do you know if you can use in on more than one car? (of the same model of course) or is it somehow locked to just one vehicle. I.E. could a couple of guys share the cost?
Does Henk charge for the extra work for the personal map?
Wonder how it compares with a live map?

Reaction score
[quote="hoolio"]Wonder how it compares with a live map?[/quote]

If it can be live mapped it's well worth thinking about :wink:

Reaction score
hoolio said:
That is a very good price considering most remaps come in at around £300. Do you know if you can use in on more than one car? (of the same model of course) or is it somehow locked to just one vehicle. I.E. could a couple of guys share the cost?
Does Henk charge for the extra work for the personal map?
Wonder how it compares with a live map?

The box of tricks locks to the first ECU it meets so can not be used on other cars.

The std kit costs €168

The Pro Kit with the custom remap credit costs €218

I don't actually know of any company that does a true live mapping service for the clio?

As I understand it, Henk who owns Fastchips now makes the 182 grp'n' map available FOC for download on his website as he was feed up with companies taking his work and selling it as there own. So now he just charges for the software and box.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks Matt, all pretty much as i expected.
7MAT said:
I don't actually know of any company that does a true live mapping service for the clio?

Got me a little confused on this one, is not the map they do at RStuning in Leeds a live map?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
yep, they stick you on the RR and do 2 or 3 runs to map it to your requirements.

they only recently been able to offer this - they used to just do custom maps.