Reaction score
I'm after 4 new PS3's..Can't seem to get hold of them anywhere unless I wait 4-5 weeks. I've been quoted £456 for a set of 4 from F1 Autocentre online, seems pretty reasonable.

I've been advised by F1 autocentre that they can however get the W rated tyres in sooner...is anyone running these on their car? or would? Would the ride me affected?

Cheers

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of W-rated PS3s from tyrewizrd.co.uk for £237 (inc £10 delivery) this morning. I too queried the W rating and was told by a knowledgeable chap on the phone that these tyres have a higher speed rating than the Vs, so I can't see that being an issue with the Trophy. He has one PE2 in stock, but cannot find another anywhere to go with it. He also said that tyre supplies to the UK are in a real mess at present, and he has no idea when the V-rated PS3s will be in stock again

Reaction score
wigstar1 said:
FYI

Costco Milton Keynes

£125.98 Each Fitted & Balanced

20% Discount if you buy 4

So circa £400 for four. Anyone know if you can delay fitting for a few months with costco because I don't need them fitted yet.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi guys

Sorry to revive an old thread - I've suffered a right rear puncture and as the PE2s have now been discontinued, I'll be ordering a PS3 as its replacement. Will be there be any issues with me running 3 PE2s and the right rear as PS3? Is it better to replace both rear tyres if there's the need to replace one?

Cheers
Jack

Reaction score
Been running on PS3's for about a month now and i can honestly say i'm really not happy with them! theyre pretty damn good in the wet but in the dry they have alot of movement in them! i wouldnt spend the money on them again! maybe the continental sportcontact 3's ( i think thats what theyre called? ) or some Toyos but the PS3's arent anywhere near as good as the PE2's IMO!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
^ my view also.
Bloody fantastic in the wet but they dont have the hard sidewalls of the PE2s to really lean on them. Such a shame really.

I'm on Hankook RS2s at the moment, they are at least as good as the PS3 in the dry (also not rock solid tyre walls, better than Toyos though) but not as good as the PS3 in the wet (hence running them in summer).

However, despite the wet handling I'm not sure if I'll be buying PS3s again.. I always the best of everything because I like to get it right first time, but I can't justify an extra £40/corner for PS3

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks for the advice - in a bit of a rush to get the car back on the road so have gone for 2 PS3s for the rear to run with my current PE2s. Overall reviews on the web look good, but will report back with how I find them!

Reaction score
Can you buy Cont S3s in our size?

And what about Dunlop Sport Maxx, they are meant to be very good. Renault used them when developing Megane Trophy?

Reaction score
yea the Conti's are available in 205/45/16, theyre about £86 each fitted if i remember correctly, although i've got a mate that gets tyres at cheap prices so i think its about £55 each for them, i got the PS3's fitted for about £90 a corner but i really dont think theyre up to scratch!

Not tried the dunlops, never been a big fan on any of my cars imo, but they might be quite good!

also the guys on CS seem to rave on about the Uniroyal rainsports? dunno if these are any good either!!

I think its time to move away from michelin though now the PE2's are gone, shame really as my T felt bloody awesome on PE2s!!

is1

Reaction score
I don't believe you can get Conti SC3s in 16". They start at 17" or did when I checked when they were first released.
I have tried Uniroyal RainS2s but found a lack of steering feel either side of dead ahead. A handling "hate" of mine.
I'm afraid short of a full on tyre test/luck, there is no obvious alternative to the PS3. Its only weakeness is the soft sidewall. I have been running them at 34 psi and they feel better (no doubt also due to scrubbing them in a bit) but looks like the PE2 was a bit special.
I can't believe a Dunlop performance tyre will be better than a Michelin - that's not based on anything other than hearsay.
The PS3 is still a top tyre. Probably still the best available if you take out price.

Reaction score
is1 said:
I don't believe you can get Conti SC3s in 16". They start at 17" or did when I checked when they were first released.
I have tried Uniroyal RainS2s but found a lack of steering feel either side of dead ahead. A handling "hate" of mine.
I'm afraid short of a full on tyre test/luck, there is no obvious alternative to the PS3. Its only weakeness is the soft sidewall. I have been running them at 34 psi and they feel better (no doubt also due to scrubbing them in a bit) but looks like the PE2 was a bit special.
I can't believe a Dunlop performance tyre will be better than a Michelin - that's not based on anything other than hearsay.
The PS3 is still a top tyre. Probably still the best available if you take out price.

Going back to the Dunlop Sport Maxx, EVO fitted these to their longtermer r26r when the 888s expired and they rated them highly. I know various people who have fitted them to a number of sporty cars and all rate them.

is1

Reaction score
marrow said:
is1 said:

Going back to the Dunlop Sport Maxx, EVO fitted these to their longtermer r26r when the 888s expired and they rated them highly. I know various people who have fitted them to a number of sporty cars and all rate them.

May be worth a try then, although they're not exactly a bargain compared to the PS3 so would need to be a good deal better, particularly if wear is worse (Michelins have a decent reputation for wear). If you do try them, let us know.
That's the difficulty with tyres, what works for one vehicle may not work for another and the cost if you get it wrong is quite high.
My PS3s are feeling a lot better as they are scrubbing in, 34 psi all round. I know that's high but they just feel livelier this way. I agree with others that anywhere near 30psi and they look flat (I mean literally, the contact patch appears to spread over the surface).
When running 30psi all round, I noticed it when parked at a petrol station and cringed.

Reaction score
Im running Uniroyal Rainsport 2's, for the money (i paid £64 each) you really cant go wrong for road use. Wet grip is awesome too.

Reaction score
I had conti sport contacts on my 172 cup and they seem fine, anyone know if they make them in trophy sizes?