Reaction score
Those with PS3s fitted - what tyre pressures are you using?

I normally run 32 front but they seem a bit squidgy if you chuck the front around.

I'm guessing a softer sidewall causes this?

Gonna try 35 front later and have a tinker.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
tallandy said:
What do you reckon to the PE3S? Any better than the PE2's?

Mmmm "squidgy" is not generally a word I'd use alongside better, little bit of a worry that. Matt (stealthsport) has just had some fitted so he may have an answer.

Reaction score
I can't help as I upgraded from Toyo T1-R's but from what I remember of the PE2's they feel the same and I am not running higher pressures than normal.

Reaction score
I'm a tyre novice. Are PS's a newer/better tyre than PE's?

Someone is mooting them for my car on my Focus Forum as the standard fit Contis are not universally popular.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
That is what I thought Mat but it seems it is the EXALTO's that are being phased out so no PE3, the PS3 will be the "upgrade"

Reaction score
Trophy No.
hoolio said:
That is what I thought Mat but it seems it is the EXALTO's that are being phased out so no PE3, the PS3 will be the "upgrade"
This

Reaction score
Not sure about these. Grip is as good if not better than pe2s however on tight corners/roundabouts there seems to be too much play in sidewall.

Jurys still out.

Reaction score
Not that I pay all that much attention but the PS3's did score top in the dry handling tests in the recent EVO mag test so they must be pretty good...........

Reaction score
In this Months EVO mag they do a FWD test using the RS Megane 250 as control car and the ContiSportContact 5P yet another new Conti tyre after the ContiSportContact3 that was tested in RWD EVo mag test last month. Though the 5P is only available in 18" and above so of little use to us.

Michelin PS2 IIRC was a middle road tyre only scoring in top 3 on subjective feel on road tests even though it was most expensive tyre on test also.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've just bought 4 PE2s. Thought I might as well get one last set, I'll have plenty of time for PS3s in the future..

is1

Reaction score
j333evo said:
In this Months EVO mag they do a FWD test using the RS Megane 250 as control car and the ContiSportContact 5P yet another new Conti tyre after the ContiSportContact3 that was tested in RWD EVo mag test last month. Though the 5P is only available in 18" and above so of little use to us.

Michelin PS2 IIRC was a middle road tyre only scoring in top 3 on subjective feel on road tests even though it was most expensive tyre on test also.

I started a thread on the previous EVO tyre test from a few months back, extolling the virtues of the Uniroyal Rainsport 2 (which came second in that test to the PE2's fifth position). Well, I have a pair of Rainsport 2s on the rear of mine and I have to be honest, I can't tell the difference between them and the PE2 although it is the rear and I am not sure if I am brave enough to risk something other than Michelin's on the front (I put the Rainsports on the rear as I had a spare Turini with a brand new Rainsport 2 on and made a pair and stuck them on).

Interestingly though, when one reads the finer comments on both the PE2 and PS2 (which was the tyre in this month's test, NOT the PS3, which is the latest Pilot Sport and the subject of this thread!), it says that they are the most performance orientated tyres and give (words along the lines of) delightful, detailed, steering feedback and excellent general feedback. None of the other tyres get that type of "subjective" praise. This may be partly why a standard Trophy on PE2s feels so, well, "feelsome".

Reaction score
I've been a long time advocate of Uniroyal Rainsports & the new Rainsport2 which we run on our FTO I think is a much better alround tyre then the PE2s I have on the Clio which I think are poor in the wet but good in the dry. Whereas I find the Uniroyal good dry including 5laps of new F1 layout at Silverstone & excellent in the wet with good turn in, balanced grip, good wear rates and not noisy which I've always found Pirelli & Conti's to be.

If I didn't have some new Goodyear Eagle F1s in correct size on a spare set of Lancia wheels sat in my garage doing nothing I'd buy the Rainsports next.

I have Eagles on my integrale & had them on my GT4 & found those to be excellent all round as well.

Reaction score
Cue said:
you running 45 not 50/55 heigh tyres, yes?

Yes. :wink:

After a couple of more test runs i can confirm they are like a plate of jelly under heavy load. I'm considering hoying them on ebay.

Reaction score
Have just bought a pair of PS3's for the front, will report back in due course